Chapter 8

Now it was Central City's big festival where many people walked or some children ran for joy.

"Wow, this is pretty festive." Kara commented smiling as she sipped her ice cream.

"Yes, Central City has one of the best parties in town."Barry said as he took his.

"In Krypton we had something similar, we partied a lot." Kara said with some sadness remembering her time in Krypton.

"You'll like it here, Central City is a very happy city, and you'll like it, and I'll be by your side." Barry said, smiling at her and Kara smiled back.

Barry then looked up, and saw Caitlin and Malcolm talking and having fun, touching a few kisses, Barry looked away, Kara looked up too and saw the same thing, she then put her hand on Barry's shoulder to comfort him.

"She's the one who lost Barry, if she can't see what an amazing person you are then she's blind." Kara said, smiling at Barry.

"I think it's okay, I'm getting on with it." Barry said, smiling at her and Kara smiled back.

"Barry, I wanted to tell you..." Kara was about to tell her feelings because just like the crowd the two looked up to the sky and saw something flying at high speed.

Barry tries to better visualize who the guy is flying but can't see anything, Kara however can see very well and is very uncomfortable and whispers to Barry "Something's not right."

Before Barry could say anything, he and Kara saw the explosion that guy married, using his speed Barry vibrated his body not to be recognized, he took out some people at high speed while Kara used her super strength earning a surprised look from Barry who just shrugged.

"Kara, you need to get out of here and hide." Barry said.

"What about you?" Kara asked worriedly.

"I need to change clothes, and stop that thing." Barry said.

"I can help you." Kara said.

"No Kara, that's too dangerous, and you don't even have a uniform." Barry said quickly.

"Barry, I have powers, and I can use some scattered clothes as a disguise, and you're not going to fight this thing alone." Kara told Barry that she only sighed knowing it was impossible to convince Kara.

Barry then runs out taking off his clothes now revealing his uniform with the Flash symbol on his chest.

Now fully dressed he goes into action, and hears some people screaming his name in joy just to see him there, at high speed he knocks the guy down from where he was attacking people, where he sees Caitlin and Malcolm trying to protect themselves, he quickly vibrates your face to not be recognized.

Barry then saw a child who was about to be hit by one of the giant balloons that was deflating. He moved quickly and saved him by taking him to his mother, but then Barry sees the big monster in front of him taking down the cops who were trying to prevent it.

"What the hell is this!?" Barry exclaimed looking at him as he looked back at Barry as if looking into his soul.

At high speed Barry moved to try and hit him, but that was useless as he grabbed Barry's fist and threw it away, hitting him in some places.

"Pathetic." He said looking at Barry who was on the floor.

Kara was seeing this, and quickly moved, flinging the creature away, wearing a hood that covered her face and a cape.

But he didn't give up, and quickly got up when his eyes turned red and lightning started dancing through his body, he ran towards Barry who quickly moved at high speed and out of there moved up one of the buildings.

"Help!" Barry heard a familiar voice behind him, and when he turned he saw Caitlin asking for help. "Someone help me!"

Barry quickly moved to try to save her and when he was getting close... he was thrown away and stuck in the window.

"FLASH!!" Kara screamed and saw that Barry was getting beaten up and went to help him.

Barry was trying to fight using his high speed moves but it looked like this guy was made of iron, luckily Kara arrived and now she was helping him fight, he was about to punch Barry in the face but Barry released a spark of electricity on his face leaving him a little blind for a while. Barry waved at Kara and she smirked at him, she then punched him and sent him flying.

Barry then saw that Caitlin was falling, and without thinking twice ran to her to save her and catch her bridal style now taking her away from it all, to a safer place.

"So, it's way better than a subway, huh?" Barry joked, vibrating his voice and face so she wouldn't recognize him, making her laugh a little.

"Keep going, she's just going to take the elevator."Barry said to the couple.

"Wait, who are you?" Caitlin asked, approaching him.

"You who I am." He said leaving her a little confused.

"Your old friend the Flash." Barry said now leaving at high speed making her smile a little.

...

Barry was now at Cisco's house with himself bandaging his arm, Kara was now back at Nora's, and Barry told Kara to get some rest after a long day.

"Now monstrous super criminals, it looks like a sixties comic book." Cisco comments.

"Don't tell me, that guy is the type that reminds me of my bad days in high school, but ten times worse." Barry said.

"But now we have a new heroine in Central City with the best powers ever." Cisco said excitedly making Barry laugh a little.

"Barry, what was that thing?" Cisco said turning to Barry getting more serious now.

"I don't know Cisco, but whatever it is, someone needs to stop it."Barry said, also getting serious.