𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑝𝑎𝑟𝑡𝑦 || 𝑆𝑎𝑙

𝐴𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑎𝑚,𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝐼 𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 𝑤𝑎𝑠, 𝑖𝑠 ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑖𝑛 𝑦𝑜𝑢𝑟 𝑝𝑒𝑟𝑓𝑒𝑐𝑡 𝑒𝑦𝑒𝑠.
𝑇ℎ𝑒𝑦'𝑟𝑒 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝑠𝑒𝑒.

———

Sal's POV

"Blue?"

"Blue..?"

"Sal!?"

He cracks his eyes open ever so slightly, his mind foggy from sleep. Sal blinks rapidly as he comes round, and he visibly tenses up when he sees you; Your face is only a few inches away from him, your eyes frantically searching his own.

"Thank god, you're awake." You say, placing your hand gently on his shoulder. "Let's get you home."

"Home? But-" He manages to choke out, the bile in his sore throat making it a little difficult to talk properly.

"Sal, we've been here for hours, you've basically been blacked out for the whole night, everyone's waiting in the car, come on." You demand, a tone of urgency in your voice as you force your hands underneath him to sit him up.

Sal ignores the trillions of thoughts racing around his head as he sits up. His hand makes its way subconsciously to his pounding head.

"You stink of beer." He hears you mutter with a small laugh.

"Mm, shut up." He glances over and scoffs.

Once his throbbing headache calms down a little, Sal wraps his hands around your wrists and pulls himself to his feet, toppling a little and giggling.

"Sorry, sorry. Sorry." He mumbles as he finds his footing, and begins to pick his way through the minefield of solo cups and bottles, his clammy hands still wrapped tightly around your wrists.

Your POV

I cast the occasional glance at Sal as the two of us walked through the empty house. His nails were digging fiercely into my wrists, and he was practically resting all of his weight on me to walk.

Such a lightweight.

Eventually, we reach the car outside where Ash is waiting in the drivers' seat, accompanied by Larry in shotgun, a cigarette hanging from his fingers.

"You resurrected sleeping beauty then, huh?" Larry chuckles. Sal scoffs at him. I giggle and open the back door, helping Sal sit down.
He scoots over and I flop down besides him, shutting the door.

Once seatbelts are done up and all arms and legs are inside of the vehicle, Ash pulls out of the driveway and turns onto the dimly-lit street, heading back towards the apartment building.

I jump slightly as I feel Sal's head fall down onto my shoulder. His soft hair tickles my cheek and I feel a smile trying to fight its way onto my face. I lift my hand and place it behind Sal, combing my fingers gently through the ends his wavy hair. He mumbles something incoherently and I look at him, but don't bother to question what he said.

"My head hurts." He says, just loud enough for me to hear.

"I know, Sal." I mutter. "We'll get you home and sober you up a little, yeah?" I continue to run my fingers through his hair, and I feel him nod slowly.