[UNFINISHED] Chapter 11: High Risk, High Reward

All of Sicario is in a dark room. There's a projector up front, with which Warspite is giving them a briefing.

Their task?

Secure several Crimson Axis fighter jets and exfiltrate with them so Azur Lane scientists can reverse engineer them.

Now, they can't carry them out of there, so the plan is for a number of pilots to go in with Ronin and fly the stolen jets out of the facility.

"Alright," Warspite shouts in a commanding voice, "that's your briefing. Load your planes and stand by. This is a time-sensitive operation. We have to do it during nighttime. Also, intelligence says that you will have Siren interceptors scrambled on you, in addition to the facility's own supply of drones." She turns to Galaxy. "Notify me when your units are ready."

Dominic nods, and Warspite leaves. Dominic turns to the group. "Well, you heard her. Get moving, I want us airborne within an hour."

Sicario gets moving, and the airfield becomes very busy as more than a dozen pilots prepare their jets for the mission. They then line up on the runway. Monarch and Robin are up first, with Peter and Eve behind them. The rest of the pilots form lines behind Hitman and Dominic, whose aircraft is waiting on the second runway. The transport aircraft is behind Dominic's, which is carrying Ronin and the pilots who will be flying the stolen aircraft. The plan is to airdrop them in by parachute. The pilots will fly home, and Ronin will be picked up by gunboats before being transported to a nearby fleet, which will sail home.

Some time later, everyone on the mission is in their aircraft, as Dominic comes running and gets in his plane. Then they hear him over the radio.

<<AWACS "Galaxy">> "Alright, we're all set to go, we just need the final go-ahead to begin."

<<HMS Warspite>> "Is everything ready?"

<<AWACS "Galaxy">> "Affirmative."

<<HMS Queen Elizabeth>> "In that case, Operation New Dawn is underway. Galaxy, command is yours. Get on with it."

<<AWACS "Galaxy">> "Copy that. Air traffic, let us loose whenever."

<<Azur Lane ATC>> "Copy that. Galaxy, granted permission to take off."

Galaxy takes off, and air traffic control announces the next.

<<Azur Lane ATC>> "Hitman 1, you are clear to take off."

Monarch takes off smoothly, and ATC sends Dip and Comic up next. They form an element next to Galaxy, who is circling the airfield.

The ATC releases each aircraft one by one, until the entire unit is circling the airfield.

<<AWACS "Galaxy">> "Alright, let's get moving. We're headed 133 degrees southeast. All aircraft, maintain element."

They make the turn, and the flight begins.

This flight is about two hours long, and after reaching the coast they hit the dense forests of the Iron Blood heartland. They follow the coast until they reach an island close to the shore, which is covered in a few miniature mountains. Slightly visible through the trees as they climb is a heavily defended research facility.

<<AWACS "Galaxy">> "Alright, let's get this on. Albatross, Pluto, Witness, you guys ready to make that run?"

<<Cariburn 1 "Albatross">> "Yes, sir. We've got the ordinance ready, we're all prepped to boom and zoom."

<<AWACS "Galaxy">> "Good, make your attack run pronto. They've probably seen us by now."

<<Cariburn 1 "Albatross">> "Got it. Pluto, Witness, follow me and assume the planned attack pattern."