"Bird"

" Dear God, please please please , save me from my pain as i cry to you every ni-"

"Girl God ain't gon save you! How many more times are you going to pray to a man who never answers you?" I thought long and hard for an answer. "As many more times until the day he does. I promise you , it will be soon. I can feel it in my bones. Don't you remember our Sunday teacher saying , 'keep praying until the time comes. Don't ever give up just because the results aren't as quick as you want them to come' now stop interrupting me , i am in a middle of a conversation with God." I bowed my head and quietly prayed to myself . "Make me into the bird mommy wants me to be. So we can fly far far away and finally be free. Amen." As i kiss my teddy goodnight , i fixed myself to get into my bed. All the lights has turned off , and the complete darkness has overcame the whole room , up until a light shining from beneath the door frame appear. He's here. I quickly got up from my bed and pushed the chair under the door handle. It was one of those nights . One of those nights where's he spends all day drinking , then all night sinning.
Jiggle, jiggle the doorknob starts moving in place. "Birrrd ,open the door sweetie." Jiggle jiggle " I thought I said no lock doors ................. Now i will have to punish you." He started pounding the door in , as my strength can no longer contain the door shut. My sister then woke up and started helping me like something had overcame her and possessed her to help me. But both of our strengths couldn't match to a drunken fool. After 10 pounds and 5 kicks he had finally broken the door down. My 10 year old mind can't even process what had happened but it was prepared for what was about to happen. I watched him grabbed the chair and threw it at my direction as i ducked for my safety , i saw a way , i saw a way to get out of all this hell. And i took it. But it was a fail.
He had grabbed my hair and threw me across the room as i can hear my sister yelp as he grabbed her by hers and started beating her face in until she no longer could see. And that's when i had it. Had enough of life had enough of torture. So i took that opening and ran, i ran as i can hear his drunken footsteps run after me and my sister yelling "FLY BIRD FLYYY'' and i flew. I flew into the wind as i flew into the crops. Out of his sight. Into safety . I flew.