A Deadly Encounter

Date: June 27, 1724
Location: Neptune Sea, Skull Caves

Jimin's POV:

It was the fourth day of celebration for me to become a fully grown Siren.
We tend to celebrate a whole week when a new young siren takes a human's soul for the first time.

I was quite nervous today as no one still knows that I didn't kill anyone and that my charm was made up. But this day has my scales up and cold as I thought of an excuse to tell everyone.

Each of the Seven days have a meaning in Celebrating. Day number 1 is getting gifts from every siren that matches your charm, I got many supplemented makeup for my face that day.

Day number 2 consisted on telling everyone on how you got your charm and how you captured the souls. It was easy as I made the perfect bone chilling story for the sirens. This day was mainly to reassure little sirens that it isn't bad to eat humans.

Day number 3 was eating a feast full of many foods young or undeveloped sirens couldn't such as the famous red drink our people loved blood. This day was just eating until your belly exploded.

Day number 4 consisted of showing of your hideous form. This day was very troublesome as many sirens would get mad for having a least scarier face then another siren. It was a very envious day for everyone.

Day number 5 followed up the previous day of jealous women watching a grand tournament of mad sirens to fight a newly formed one to see who wins. If the last sirens win the newly one dies and the winners get to eat their flesh to get their charm. But if the newly formed siren wins they get their powers and lock them up in cells forever. This day is mainly for sirens who get mad at themselves and want more.

Day number 6 is too have family share experience with you and give advice. After that you get to lay down and relax as the get to follow your orders until the day ends.

Day number 7 is an optional day as it's the day sirens are "supposed" to mate. There is a myth that if you mate on that day something magical is supposed to happen. No one really believes that as the only person who tried it was my mom and nothing really happened to her. So this day was to be optional to everyone.

Today is Day 4 for me and I'm wondering on how I can excuse myself so I won't turn into that hideous hidden form I have inside of me.
Since I didn't eat that pirates soul I can't turn hideous like many sirens want me to be. And I now if they find out I will be tortured for ever.

I panic and turn to the only person I could fully fully trust. The only sister that can keep a secret no good as other Min Jee.
First born daughter of the Park family and the second siren who believes what we are doing is wrong. I'm proudly the first one.

Unlike me she actually did her job and ate a female pirate. It was strange for female pirates to exist but for Min Jee it was her lucky day as it made sirens all turn their attention to her as curiosity filled their ear fins.

She told me she felt really sad about killing her but knew she had to. She will never miss a chance to kill a male soul but will hesitate on a female's. I wonder why.

She is known to have all the secrets from every sister kept in her brain as everyone trust's her since she is the first born.

I swam as fast as I could to her room and knocked on her stone door really loud.
I quickly catch my breath as I see the crystal handle opening to reveal the eldest.

"Huh? Jimin why are you up on such a sunny day! You should be getting some rest for the night!" She said scratching her hair and slowly opening her eyes.