Cursed Dark Dweller

"Know only yourself and not your enemy, and you will lose a battle for every battle you win" Sun Tzu

...

"Malachi, what do you have to say about this?" Asked a voice condescendingly.

"Father, I am the same Dark Dweller... "

" Malachi, you will refer to the Judge as Emperor Van Locke, " said the Bailiff scornfully.

"My apologies, Emperor Van Locke, I am the same Dark Dweller, give me a chance to prove it. I will feed and kill to gain my strength. I am still of this family." pleaded Malachi.

"Your curse does not make you a scion of this Emperor. If you stay here in this coven, this Emperor will rip off your head and feed on your blood during the day, you have got the stench of a mortal, " growled Emperor Van Locke with a dark voice.

Malachi held the title of the firstborn son of the Emperor, well at least he did until now. He had no idea that one day he would be sitting there, having to prove who he was. The Great Malachi, a savage, he was known in many worlds for being sadistic yet his own kind is doubting his legend.

" I am still Malachi... " He begged.

" That you may be but you are not this Emperor's son, you are a disgrace. Blood cultivation does not run through your veins anymore, it has been replaced by a natural essence seal of thorn. " howled Emperor Van Locke.

"Bailiff! Escort him out of this Palace, this reprobate has no place in this Emperor's house. "

Malachi in disbelief looked at his coven, his brother and sister were looking down, ashamed at the horror that had unfolded in their empire. Malachi's eyes were drawn to his mother who seemed full of sorrow staring right at her son who was once a king now a mere mortal, damned by a curse that made him human by day and vampire by night.

Is that sorrow? Or shame?

"You are to be cast out until you find a cure and prove yourself worthy," said Emperor Van Locke with a look of disgust on his face.

...