2

𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘 | 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚊𝚍𝚘𝚛𝚊𝚋𝚕𝚎 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚎𝚜𝚜 ... 𝚊𝚕𝚖𝚘𝚜𝚝 𝚜𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚕𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚊 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚑𝚠𝚊

+  +  +

The jarringly shrill sound of my alarm clock rang out like an appalling song and shocked me out of my deep state of hibernation. My surroundings were blurry to my tired eyes, and the unfamiliarity with said surroundings caused me to be thrown into a state of confusion before I realized that I was no longer residing in the place I once called and reluctantly considered home.

But now, I don't really have a place that I can call my home anymore. I am just drifting from place to place. The chilling iceberg I am lying on is the one that's deciding for me where I am to go next.

I tugged up my fuzzy smokey grey throw and my cream grid patterned comforter, and nuzzled into it embracing the warmth radiating out of it. I shifted my vision down onto the ground to see most of my pillows scattered onto the ground, including the one I lay my head down on.

The only pillows that weren't strewn onto the ground were my Tata pillow, which I was basically strangling as I slept soundly, not even batting my eye at his poor state. The two other pillows that weren't lying in their coffins on the floor were my two Fluffnest plushies, Xiaoying the Sakura Dragon and Tsuki the Dark Kitsune Fox, but I wouldn't count those as pillows. Sakura and Tsuki were flat against the wall on the other side of my bed.

My black and white coton de tulear puppy, Miyano, was trotting around on top of the mountain of pillows on the floor. He hopped up onto my bed giving me a lick before settling himself right next to me.

I gently scooted him closer so his warm body was pressed against my chest. He nestled closer to me seeking warmth to contrast the cool air flowing from the direction of the three fans surrounding my mattress. Soon enough I heard soft and barley audible snores escaping from his lips, which formed a cute little scowl.

I directed my gaze over to the one window that is in my room. The night before I had forgotten to close the curtains, so a pretty autumn picture was visible to my eyes. I stared in awe as I realized that the painting was the reality conjured up behind the glass by mother nature.

I watched the pretty autumn leaves scratched at my window. The ombre of reds and oranges made me feel a sense of comfort, and the sunlight streaming into my room washed a sense of warmth over me. A sigh flew past my chapped lips as I reluctantly reached for my phone. It laid on top of the makeshift nightstand made out of moving boxes that I felt too lazy to unpack.

I tapped on the screen once to make the time pop up. The screen showed the numbers six thirty am in a white color making them stand out on the screen contrasting my wallpaper. "I should probably get out of bed soon." I thought to myself, noting that I have to be in the office by seven o'clock. Usually work would start at eight sharp, but since today is my first day I have to be in a little earlier.

A shiver trailed down my spine lingering like the nervousness that is coursing through me at the moment. After the little seemingly harmless anecdote that Katarina told me yesterday about her sister, nervousness was a feeling I am being shaken by. I hope I don't fuck it up.

I brushed the pessimistic thoughts out of my head, and I rubbed my eyes. I had a feeling that they were all red and puffy. I looked around my cluttered room, mentally noting that I should probably unpack the rest of my stuff, and clean up the mess that was the mess that was waiting in a corner, basically begging me to clean up. A few bags were thrown into the salad that was my room.