Affair

BYUL'S BEDROOM- NIGHT

Solar works the equipment. She has located a small area of light in the brain imaging and eradicated it. 

"I'm getting the hang of it. I still don't understand it. But I am finding him quickly enough. I'm hoping there won't be too much collateral eradication." Solar informed. Sodam sits on the bed.

"I like watching you work," Sodam told Solar.

"I'll go out for a smoke. If no one minds. I mean, it seems like everything is under control here." Hyejin exits the room. Not waiting for an answer.

"It's fine Hyej" Sodam doesn't say anything. Hyejin huffs and is out the door. Solar continues to find and erase points of light. Sodam gets up her courage to speak.

"Do you like quotes Yongsun?" Sodam asked.

"How do you mean?" the doctor asked back.

"Oh, um, like famous quotes. I find reading them inspirational to me. And in my reading I've come across some I thought you might like, too."

"Oh, then I'd like to hear some" Sodam is thrilled, beside herself. She tries to calm down.

"Okay, um, there's one that goes "Blessed are forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders." 

" Oh! Nietzsche? " 

"Yeah, yeah it is, Solar. And here I was thinking I could tell you something you didn't know. "

"It's a good quote, Sodam, I'm glad we both know it." Solaesmiles at her. She's flustered, flattered.

"There's another one I like, I read. It's by Pope Alexander. " sputtered sodam.

"Alexander Pope? " Solar corrected.

"Yes, shit. Oops, sorry!" (puts hand over mouth) "Sorry. It's just I told myself I wasn't going to say Pope Alexander and sound like a dope and then I go ahead and do it. Like a psyched me out into saying it wrong"

"It's no biggy Sodam" Solar smiled at her once more. 

"You are such a sweetheart."There's an embarrassing moment as that line hangs in the air. Then Sodam plunges ahead to bury it.

"The quote goes "How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world, forgot: Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resign'd." She smiles, proud and embarrassed.

"I didn't know that one. And it's lovely."

"Really? I thought it was appropriate, maybe. That's all. "

"I really admire the work that you do. I know it's not proper to be so familiar but I guess since we're outside the workplace I feel certain liberty to -" Sodam added.

"It's fine, Sodam. I'm happy to hear it. "

"Okay. Good. Great. Thanks."

  (blurting) 

" I like you, Yongsun... an awful lot. Is that terrible?" Solar seems momentarily taken aback, then returns to her unflappable self.

"You're a wonderful girl, Sodam." She leans over and kisses the doctor, then pulls away quickly.

"I've loved you for a very long time. I'm sorry! I shouldn't have said that." 

"I-I'm engaged Sodam I-I don't I-" Solar stutters still taken aback at what just happened. Solar comforts her with a hug. It turns into a kiss. The doctor pulls away.

NT./EXT. THE VAN/JOEL'S APARTMENT BUILDING - ALMOST DAYTIME

  Hyejin sits in the van and smokes a cigarette. She has an unobstructed view into Byul's bedroom window. She watches Solar and Sodam. They're talking about Solar works. It appears to be a very serious discussion. A car pulls up outside. Hyejinturns to see. A woman in a bathrobe jumps out.