06 :: Attrape

Warning: There maybe a few graphic scenes and cursing

━━━━━°⌜ 死者 ⌟°━━━━━

"You erased me so easily."

- BLUES (이하이)

━━━━━°⌜ 死者 ⌟°━━━━━

I erased them. As deftly as erasing the scratch marks on a blackboard. Yes, that was sarcasm; sorry. That mere period when I'd dwelled on their daily lives to let my mind be occupied by them had been... Flabbergasting, if truth be told.

It was a trifling lack of judgement on my part when I'd walked away from there. But the moment I had nix to keep myself busy, my convictions wandered back to them. Back to the smiles they wore. Back to the bony figures that they'd possessed. Back to evaluating that they stood at the brink; after which they'd probably come to me.

Before I could think things through, I'd risen. To my full height. And let the obsidian swirls guide me to them. To where I'd left them.

In the dark of night
The stars light up the sky
I see them flying free
That's just like you and me

Hope was in the way they smiled, in the way they were quiet when they reached out with their eyes. It was when they paused, gathering strength to make a better choice, to breathe and let love have a moment to guide them. Hope was in that soft shrug of theirs, the playfulness that let me know they actually believed in themselves after all. It was in the way they walked, more confident than before, holding their head a little higher.

The color of hope shone on the path that I took. Had I had lips like you humans, I'd have smiled. I'd have let my plush lips pull flush against teeth. I drifted as alacritous as I could, the air beneath me whooshing as I brushed past.

A cat of silken shadow's breath, conjured of a nightingale's song, came on silent paws. The fabric of the black heavens came to me then in a feline form. She stood there, obstructing my path as she glanced up in my direction. Not a moment's bother was spared, before she let her tail up high and walked past the road. She had cut my path.

An altercation of whether the black cat is a sign of good luck or bad luck is sempiternal. People haven't believed in such nugatory myths since aeons, but I can't help it. It's been ingrained since... Well, ever since I'd been here.

Everyone is lonely, sometimes
But I would walk a thousand miles to see your eyes
You are not alone, we're family
Hold me, let's escape all this reality

Disconcerting, it had been, when I had ultimately reached my terminus. Destination, I mean.

The shoreline had become just a figment, as if it had evaporated into the heat. I wondered if now the world would turn to one big ocean, the waves moving freely, gathering pace. With nothing else. Perhaps that was what happened when I went adrift, I feared that the perfect circle of blue is all that exists.