14. Forming The Squad

Waylon was in his office, trying to fix his microphone so he can communicate with Miles.

He then heard knocking on his door, then he shouted:

- Honey? Can you please get that?

But he received no answer, the knocking on the door was getting louder by the second. He then got annoyed and said:

- God dammit. I coming!

Waylon got down the stairs and approached the door, before he opened it, he looked through the peephole, he saw a man with long brown hair and green eyes.

He was holding a woman in his hands, Waylon's eyes widen as soon as he realised who that woman was. He then quickly opened the door and said:

- Lisa...! Oh my god... What happe-- Who are you?

- You are Waylon, right? I'm Daniel, I am the one that you have been searching for. Miles found me, but when we escaped we got spotted and your wife soon came to the rescue.

- Okay but why did you bring her here?! Asked Waylon as he got Lisa in his arms. She needs to go to the hospital! He said as he went into the house with Lisa in his arms.

Daniel followed Waylon into the house as he closed the door behind them, Waylon gently but quickly let Lisa lie down on the couch.

Waylon then saw her opening her eyes slowly, she then said:

- Waylon...?

- Yes honey, don't worry... He said as he got his phone out. We are taking you to a hospital.

She then couched out:

- No...! Not the hospital. She said while coughing.

- Why? Asked Waylon.

- They will question you... And soon enough... They will find us... Murkoff...

Waylon knew that she was right, all he could do was run into the kitchen and open the small locker they had with medicine and bandages.

Daniel could see that she was in a bad shape, she was heavily bleeding out from her arm as she had injured it in the crash.

Once Waylon arrived with bandages and some ice, Daniel said:

- Give them to me.

Waylon got surprised by that statement, he gave Daniel all the stuff he needed, then he watched him wrap the bandage around Lisa's arm as gently as he could.

He looked like he had done this before. Daniel, on the other hand, was using the knowledge he was given from his time in the castle of Brennenburg.

He continued to take care of Lisa carefully, making sure not to hurt her. Then Daniel said:

- Alright... This should diminish the pain... For now.

Waylon then grabbed Lisa's hand, holding it tightly and staying right beside her.

Lisa turned to Daniel and said:

- Thank you... What's your name?

- It's Daniel mis. He said while smiling awkwardly.

Lisa smiled and turned around to face Waylon, she then asked:

- Where are the kids?

- They are sleeping upstairs. He answered.

- Thank god... She sighed.