△ Chapter 4 △

Right after Thomas heard her name it seemed like the whole world stopped. His heart froze and his breath caught in his throat.

'' Wait, this can't be happening. This has to be a mistake. No, no, no, this can't be ...there must've been some kind of error'' Thomas said all in one breath.

Alex stood there for a moment. She didn't know what to do.

Newt walked toward her and put a reassuring hand on her shoulder. But she didn't move.

Not being immune means losing her again. Thomas or should I say they, didn't want to lose her over something like this.

''Thomas!'' He keep freaking out and mumbling these words over and over.

Alex reached out and Thomas suddenly stopped when he felt her hand squeeze his weakly.

But he didn't look up at her.He tried to act calm; knowing that freaking out won't help.

"Open your eyes and look up." She took his face in her hands gently making him focus and softly said. ''It doesn't matter if I'm immune or not''

''It does matter, yes. It does matter, because I love you''

''I love you too, but there's no need to be scared''

A girl from group B whose name was apparently Sofia spoke:

''So what if your girlfriend can't make it? Half of us are not immune and we're not acting like the world is going to end.''

''You don't understand and I don't expect you to'' Thomas snapped at her. Alex saw him form a fist. He wasn't going to hit her but he was shaking now, literally shaking with anger. She had never seen him behaved this way.

Rat Man cleared his throat to remind them that he was still there, that he could hear them arguing.

'' I'm sorry; I didn't mean to give you a hard time. But there was a mistake in the system''

''What do you mean?''

''I made a mistake. I just switched two names from the list. Congratulations, Alex. You are immune. As for your friend here, Newt...there's nothing I can do. I.... am very, very, sorry about that. Certainly we all make mistakes, of course''