Chapter 7

Betty woke up, naked in the bed with a yawn. The first thing that came to her was the smell of the ocean.

She rubbed her eyes and felt around the bed, raising a brow when she didn't feel Jughead. She sat up and looked around.

She bit her lip before sitting up. She suddenly took notice of a bag with clothes in it.

Tyler must've come and dropped some of their clothes off. She got changed into a shirt and shorts and soon walked upstairs to the deck.

She looked around, looking for Jughead. Betty soon spotted him tying a knot with the strings of the sail.

"So this is where your knot-tying expertise comes from." She called out and he turned to her before smiling.

"Good morning. Sleep well?"

"I did." Betty said with a smile and leaned against the side of the boat.

"This boat is really beautiful."

"This is from my yard in Seattle."

"You built it?"

"I had some help."

"It's called The Gladys." He said and walked towards her.

"After your mom?"

"You sound surprised." He said and stood next to her, taking her hand and interlocking their fingers.

"Well, you're always so cool towards her."

"I owe everything to Gladys. She saved my life after my birth mom died.

"Do you remember your birth mom?"

"I try not to."

"What happened to her?"

Jughead sighed and turned his head away, thinking before turning back to her. "She overdosed. They found her body three days later."

"Where were you?" Betty asked, raising a brow.

"I was with her."

"Oh, my God."

"Took her away. Took me to a hospital. Gladys was there." He said and Betty sighed, sympathetically.

"Thank you for telling me." She said and kissed his shoulder before resting her head on his shoulder so she was facing towards the water.

As they moved she spotted something and moved her head up, turning her whole body around.

"Look at that house." She told Jughead, "That's beautiful. The view's probably amazing."

Jughead also turned and looked at the house. It was a two story house surrounded by trees and bushes.

"I wonder who lives there."

"It's an old sea widow. Lost her husband years ago. Sits at the window every night waiting for him to come home." Jughead told her and Betty turned to him.

"Did you just make that up?"

Jughead chuckled. "Yeah." He told her, making Betty laugh, before turning to look at her. "You wanna take the helm?"

"Me?"

"Yeah, you. Come on." He told her and took her wrist, taking her to the steering wheel.

"I can't do that."

~~~~

"See where I'm looking?" Jughead asked, standing behind her behind the wheel and pointing to the end of the boat and the water.

"Yeah."

"Right there. Just hold. Okay?"

"Okay."

The view was beautiful. There were mountains, some of them with snow at the very top.

Betty bit her lip and started panicking a little, nervous as Jughead started to let go a little.

"No, you're fine, Betty. I'm still here." He reassured her

"Don't let go."

"I have to let go."

"Don't. Oh, my God. Okay." Betty said, biting her lip anxiously.

"Okay? You ready?"

"Okay." And suddenly Betty was the only one steering the ship. It was such a rush.

She laughed and whooped. This was so much fun!

"Oh, my God! Oh, my God! I'm steering it. I'm doing it. I'm the captain. Oh, my God!" She said and laughed, whooping once more.

Jughead chuckled at her excitement and pleased his hands on her hips. He smiled and kissed the corner of her mouth before placing his head on hers.