Chapter 2

"Ms. Cooper." Taylor said, opening the car door to let her out. She smiled softly and got out with Jughead.

"Thanks Taylor." She said, smiling softly as she reached her door, Jughead following her.

She turned to him with a small smile as he spoke. "No strings attached." He told her, smiling.

She smiled and bit her lip, soon kissing him. He kissed back and she cup his face, soon breaking the kiss.

"This is spiky. I like it." She said, feeling his stubble.

"I'll call you tomorrow." He told her softly, soon pulling away.

Betty nodded. "Okay, good night." She told him, soon turning and walking inside.

~~~~

"Betty!" When her name was called, Betty looked up to see Cheryl Blossom walking towards her.

"I've been hearing a lot of good things about you..Oh." She started, before seeing Chuck.

"Told you Cheryl. This one actually reads." He told her, leaning against the doorway.

"Hey Chuck."

"What's the head of HR doing lurking around? Are we in trouble?"

"Not at all, I'm just here to encourage."

"Really? Well, I think a round of drinks at Lauries would do the trick."

"Sorry meetings, otherwise..." Cheryl started before being interrupted.

"Who's Laurie?" Betty asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh it's a bar around the corner. Friday is a bit of a ritual. You should come." Chuck told her.

"Absolutely, go network." Cheryl told her before walking away.

"No, I would..I have plans tonight." She said, biting her lip.

"So have your plan come along. Just for a quick one." He told her.

Betty sighed softly and looked down, biting her lip as she thought.

~~~~

Betty was waiting outside for Chuck, having decided to go. Suddenly, a young women with short messy red hair and hazel tired eyes appeared.

"Elizabeth." She said and Betty turned to her, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm sorry, have we met before?" She questioned, the woman looking at her before shaking her head.

"No, no. I'm nobody." She said, making Betty look at her with a confused look. She was snapped out of her thoughts by a voice.

"Hey, Lauries is this way. Come on, I'm buying." Chuck told her, Betty turning to him. She nodded and turned back, seeing the girl wasn't there anymore.

She raised an eyebrow before turning away and walking off with her boss.

~~~~

"Alright...Here we go." Chuck said, putting down two cups with beer, Betty sitting on a stool.

"Thanks." She said with a soft smile, grabbing her drink and sipping it before putting it back down.

"Where is everyone?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow.

"You know..still early." He said, smiling softly before continuing

"Your comments on Boyce Fox were interesting. I'm not usually into political thrillers."

"Yeah, well, I think they are parallels with Dante's inferno were amazing but..." She was then caught off.