Garden's Child

"Today is the day. I know it." I whispered to myself while trying to teleport back home. Truth is, I knew I wasn't going to make the leap. I kinda wanted to stay here. And well, I did. I did every single time I tried to get home.
It's hard to leave such a wonderful place. It looks like a fairytale and smells like a candy factory. The trees seem to be made of lime taffy. The river is full of the purest water. When you bleed you feel no pain, and your blood smells like roses.
Everyone seems so nice! And of course, I love my best friend. Embry. I would hate to leave her. But of course there's Blythe. Ugh. Blythe. Ughhhhh. Y'know, i never really minded her but all she does is mind me with her perfect princess act. She's not really very likeable. And still, like myself, I would miss her.
If you're wondering who "myself" is, well as you'd expect, that's me. Lentil. Yes, I already know. I was raised by gardeners, okay? If you want a description, fine. I have long-ish brown hair, hazel eyes and the worst pale skin. I don't know why 'the creator" or whatever, couldn't have given me more melanin.  So if I were to describe what Embry calls "The Crew", well I guess I'll start with Embry herself.
    Embry has olive skin and short black hair. She's-bigger than most, but makes the best of it.  Her eyes are the prettiest you've ever seen. They're so bright! They just look like stars dancing about. Oh and did I mention she's the princess of wherever this is? Well, technically it's called Blossom but I prefer "it." This world, by the way.
    Then of course there's Leslie. They're so weird but at the same time the best person ever! They have a mix of long and short hair dyed hot pink and baby blue. They usually wear such cute skirts and a green shirt. (There's no telling how many green shirts they own.)
             So anyway, I have some type of disorder which might explain getting sidetracked. Anyhow, I am here in this world. This beautiful world and people here expect me to leave. If you want me to leave, you might as well give up the whole book because there's no way I will. I will never EVER leave this place. Then again, my dads. I miss them. But remember Lentil, your garden. Oh, was i speaking into the thing-ie-whatever-thing that allows me to write since-
    Oh, yes,you haven't heard everything yet. Sorry about that. Shall we continue the story then? Alright.
    I was walking down the street when I saw Embry. I ran fast as the wind away from her. Don't get me wrong, I love her. She's amazing. But i wasn't in the mood to talk. It was the week of  "The great magic tournament", which is a celebration of magic in which 8 wizards and witches do spells and one wins or something. This year I was chosen to be one of those eight. Wow. Awesome, right. Soooo cool. If you can't tell through paper or something I'm being sarcastic.
    Why am I not excited? Hmmmm I don't know. Maybe it's because, hear me out, maybe because Blythe is the judge! As you probably know I hate-kinda-ish Blythe. I just know she's gonna make me lose. And what happens to the losers? They get monitored by the judge for "magic hazards," and i do not want to be stuck with Blythe for like, forever.
    Then, while I was thinking, someone tapped me on the shoulder. It was freaking Embry. "Embry, what are you doing?" I asked, "I told you not to bother me today!" She chuckled, "I know, I know but I really wanted to see you!" Well you can't argue with that. At least, I can't. She's a very persuasive person! "Fine, you can talk to me for a little bit."
    Me and Embry began to walk to the magic training field when we ran into the somewhat attractive demon herself, Blythe. "Hello Fern." I think everyone could see my purple face at that point. She calls me that because of my stupid plant name. Did I mention how much I hate her? "It's Lentil," I responded under my breath. And then she just had the audacity to shove me into the tarot card reading and smirk, "Bye love."
I hate her so much. I mean, the audacity to do that! Like, what's going on in her messed up head? And, why would she even bother calling me love? That's like, really weird. Especially 'cause she had just shoved me to the ground.  Ugh.
Anyhow, after that, Embry held my hand and dragged me along the small road. I slowly noticed the path getting more natural and the sky growing darker. We soon came across a forest. "Wow" I accidentally thought out loud. "Yes, I know." I heard next to me. I looked over at Embry and she quickly looked away, quite red. She grabbed my hand and ran into the woods. We strolled for a while and eventually laid on the ground, tired from all the walking we'd been doing.
              I had a thought at that moment. I regret that thought so much. It's the thing that got me into this whole mess. "Em," I said, "How do you feel about Blythe?"
              "Oh..." She whispered, "I don't hate her but I don't particularly love her but I can't say I despise her either."
              "Same," I felt that I was whispering at the time, but now Em has told me I was way too loud. I was going to continue with my statement but Em cut me off. "Follow me!" 
"I think I've had enough following for today."
"But this is really important!"
"In that case how can I say no."