Prologue

There were already a lot of people in the auditorium when we arrived. The ceremony is about to start in 10 minutes. I'm feeling so nervous yet excited at the same time. Finally, our hard work was about to pay off. 

Today is my graduation. My friends and I are so excited. When it's my time to give my speech, I nervously walk to the platform and adjust the mic. I take a deep breath and start reading my paper that I have. 

"T-thank you miss Julia. A-and thank you to the s-students, teachers, p-parents, and staff-"

I stop because I can't help but stutter. I heard whispers coming from the students and parents. Shit, my anxiety! I convinced myself to calm down, but my hands were shaking, and I couldn't read properly.

"I'm sorry I'm not really comfortable speaking in front of many people. I am very nervous right now." I paused for a bit and saw my friends smiling at me. I smiled back at them. Somehow, I felt relieved. I cleared my throat and continue speaking.

"Again, I would like to say thank you to everyone who made my four years everything that they were. Four years ago, I was just 13 years old, wondering how to rely on myself more. I was very vulnerable at that moment and was afraid to make mistakes. It's a new environment for me and I don't know anyone except myself. But luckily, I found my friends, and together we support each other. 

We were just a bunch of flies back then, trying to survive with the help of each other. But look at us now, still a bunch of flies. However, we are more mature and independent. 

Missy Cooper once said, "it's okay to be scared we just have to do it anyway."

I know that everyone here is scared of changes but that's the only permanent in this world. It's inevitable,  we can't stop someone or something from changing, and it's totally okay for us to change though I hope it's for the better.

Time will fly so fast and it's scary. The next thing we knew, we were an adult. We might feel suffocated and exhausted. We might question whether we take the right path or not. But always remember that if your decision makes you happy, do it. If no one believes in you, then start trusting yourself. It's our own life we're talking about and no one has the right to tell us what to do. Don't be afraid to take risks cause it's part of our life and eventually, it'll make us stronger and bolder.  

So to my fellows out there, this is only the beginning of our journey. Life can be cruel but we need to fight for our success. Make this as your stepping stone to fulfill your dreams in life. Padayon everyone" 

I heard a loud applause coming from the people. I was about to greet my friends but an excruciating headache suddenly wakes me up. I touched my face and I didn't realize that I was crying. 2 years just passed but everything has changed a lot.