Chapter 3

That night Hecate performed her routine as normal before sitting in bed with a lit candle beside her and a book in her hands.

She went through her mental checklist of what to do before bed.

She had changed out of her usual attire and instead a silken, floor length, long sleeved, black nightie was wrapped around her body. She had taken her hair out of its complicated bun and instead had it in a plait down her shoulder. Her makeup had been removed and she had showered as well as brushed her teeth.

She was now wrapped nice and cosily in her black duvet and preparing herself to read her favourite book, Payback's A Witch, for an hour or two before settling down for good.

As she read through her mind wandered to places she strongly disagreed with, but since no one was currently in the room with her she decided to make an idiotic decision; she let her mind explore those places.

She let her mind explore what her favourite coven leader may be like. She knew that she was kind, had flowing potion mist for hair and was very capable of being sarcastic as well as being a bit of a bent broomstick.

Hecate gently placed the book back onto her nightstand before laying back on her pillow and wrapping herself tighter in the duvet and closing her eyes. She asleep almost instantly.

Her mind's eye created an image.

There stood a woman who looked to be in her forties, the small wrinkles around her eyes as well as below them showed so. Her hair was a light grey colour and as long as her own as it reached the lower half of her back. Her eyes were a gorgeous glowing gold colour that seemed to watch her with nothing but kindness.

She wore the black gloves that she always did in the pictures she had seen of the amazing Coven Leader.

Of course, those pictures had never confirmed the rumour of her mist hair but they had confirmed that her favourite colours were grey, yellow and orange.

As the image formed more in her mind, she noticed those black boots with the yellow laces on her feet that she also had been seen wearing quite a few times.

The Coven Leader wore a pale-yellow sheer dress with short proofed sleeves and printed flowers on it for the design with a light grey, long sleeved, scoop necked, knee length dress underneath and a yellow sash around her waist. Her legs were covered by knee high yellow socks and her hair was tied back into a ponytail with a stray lock flowing. A straw sunhat was placed onto her head with a yellow ribbon tied under her chin to keep it in place.

Then the scene around them started to form and soon enough Hecate had started to see herself appear in the scene. She looked down to find herself wearing a black, knee length, spaghetti strap dress with a black a black sheer dress over it with a yellow sash around her waist as if she was trying to copy the coven leader. Her feet were covered in her usual heeled boots and black tights.

Then the surroundings came in.

First a picnic blanket beneath them with a variety of food on plated and in bowls as well as a woven basket spawning in after it. The smile on the woman's face seemed to grow as the forest floor and closest trees appeared from the magic sparks surrounding them.

Once the last of the trees and birds had spawned in the sound around them changed from silence to the sound of the chirping and quiet rustling of the nearby animals.

The Coven Leader opened her mouth as her eyes closed and a sigh escaped her. "Isn't this wonderful, dear? Much better than the other option of going to the beach with the others." Hecate watched with wonder as the Coven Leader smiled at her adoringly before moving closer.