Two

Two days later

It was Monday morning and I pretty much hadn't spoke to anyone after Friday night.

I've sent maybe one or two texts to Jessa, and just a couple words to my Mom. As far as they were concerned, I was sick.

I might as well be sick though, right? I look it and sure as hell feel it, so nothing's new.

Sadly, I can't hide away forever. So here I am, back at school for another disappointing week.

I walked down the narrow, crowded hall until I finally reached my locker. As I grabbed my books I could hear that nasal-toned laughter from a mile away.

I shut my locker and looked down the hall to see the school slut at work.

"At work?" You say? It's quite simple, really.

Madison Fields is by far one of the trashiest girls at Springwood High. With one bat of her eyes, she can get any boy in a bed with her.

"Cassandra?" Somebody tapped on me; pulling me out of my daze.

I turned around to see Peter in his soccer uniform with a duffle bag in his hand.

"Hey." I leaned against the locker and eyed him up and down. "Isn't it a little early in the day for soccer?" I laughed a bit.

"I'm leaving early today, we have a game."

I nodded in reply and before I could talk, Madison was next to Peter.

"Peter!" She squealed, giving me a migraine.

"Madison, hey," He pushed her arm away which made me smile.

She frowned at his reaction.

"Come on, you can't tell me you're upset about Friday night?" She pouted.

Confusion and frustration swelled up inside me. "Friday night?" I kept a smile in my face but he could clearly I was mad.

"Oh, Peter and I just hung out a bit after homecoming, you wouldn't understand." She gave a half smile but it wasn't sympathetic.

I wanted to punch her. I wouldn't understand? I understand that after I spent half of the night with him myself, pouring my heart out to him about my personal life, thinking for a minute some one wanted to listen, but really was just waiting to leave me so they could bang her.

"You're right, I don't." I threw my bag over my shoulder and walked away.

"Cas, wait!" Peter said, but I kept walking.