chapter 1

Hey guys sorry I deleted the other books this one I am determined to finish I hope you like it. Happy reading :)

Chapter 1
The phone call
Rivers Pov

Hey there I'm River yes I'm a she. I actually love the name River it's unique just like me. I'm am 22 years of age with my birthday just around the corner. A few things about myself I have two brothers one who happens to be my twin my partner in crime my BFF my life line. He well of course is 22 also his name is Remy. Remy listed into the U.S Army when we were 18 man do I miss him. I remember the day he told me I don't know If I took it hard because he's my twin or because he's my best friend. He's is the only one that I talked to for a whole year after my parents died.

My parents went to Hawaii for there 25th anniversary on their way there the plane crashed and they were part of the 7 passengers who didn't make it. I felt like my world was over. My dad wouldn't be there to walk me down the aisle at my wedding. Won't be there for my father daughter dance. My mother she wouldn't be there to get ready with me. Graduation was hard for the both of us my parents died 3 weeks before Remy and I graduated.

Then we have my older brother Chase he is 26 and married to a beautiful Columbian woman. Carla is 25 they have a 2 two year old named Dylan and one on the way. I love being an aunt. when my parents died chase sold the house since I went away to school and Remy left.

I live New York City. I love it here i really do. I'm in my fourth year at Columbia University finishing up my teaching degree. I always loved kids I can't wait to work with them. as of this verry moment I am taking a test. A test that will change my life forever. Yes I love children but no where near ready to have one of my own.

Pacing back and forth in my bedroom waiting for a test I don't want to past my phone rings. not bothering to look I answer it.

"Hello"

"RIVER NAILAH MATTHEWS"

"Omg Remy I miss your ass so much, how are you, when are you coming home?"

"Well first slow down sister second I'm done boo I'm coming home for good."

I started crying I'm gonna have my twin back the one i haven't seen in years.

"You can finally go to law school" I say smiling.

"Yea I will be attending Fordham Law School." He says with a smirk I can just feel him smirking that loser wait. Did he just say Fordham oh my

"God" I yell

"Why did you say God River" he says

"Oh my god your going to be moving to New York ahh this is amazing my roommates moved back home they finished I been living in this apartment by myself I could use a roommate." I say smiling

"I would love to be your roommate sis." He says laughing at my out burst

"So when are you co-
I got cut off my a knock at my door

"Hold on Rem someone's here"
I say walking to the door

I opened it to see my boyfriend I motion him to come in and I continue to talk to Remy

"Alright River I gotta get off now I will be done in two weeks see you then care bear i love you"

I smile at my childhood nickname

"See ya them Remy I love you too" I say before hanging up

"You fucking cheated on me."

I look up to see Aiden my boyfriend of 5 years standing there looking pissed off holding a pregnancy test. Fuck I totally forgot about that I was so excited to talk to Remy.

"Baby I didn't cheat on you if I'm pregnant which I don't know yet cause I was on the phone it is yours."

"Well you are and there's no way in hell it's mine we are over I want nothing to do with that thing" he screams

"Thing thing our baby is not a thing he or she is our as in you and me creation. Don't you dare sit here and say I cheated on your ass when I have spent the past 5 years loyal to you moved to New York to be with you after everything took you back twice after you cheated on me. I want you out of my house and out of my life." I scream back

"Fine I will don't come crawling back when no one wants you after you have the baby and your all fat" he yells walking to the door.

"Don't worry your not worth crawling back to a third time." I yell slamming the door behind him.

Five years five years I gave that man and he left me all alone and with a baby. I took him back two times after he cheated on me. I gave him everything. He was my everything and I get left. Forget him I'm done school in two weeks and my brother will be here. I don't need him I have my brothers who will look out for me. So I do the only thing I can think of.

Pulling out my phone I call my best friend from home my best friend I haven't seen in the four years I been here.

"Hello" he says

"Miles" I say as the tears start to fall from my eyes.

"River is that you god I missed you how are ya."

"Miles care to come to New York I could really use my best friend who isn't my brothers." I say full on tears

"River I'm on my way I'll be there in two hours tops I'm driving love you." He says before hanging up

Miles has been my best friend since I was four years old he moved in next door Miles Remy and I did everything together then Remy wanted his own best friend and met Stanly who lived five houses down from our old home. Miles is 6'1 such a tall man with the darkest blue eyes I have ever seen and brown hair. I miss that boy then anything.

I lay down on my bed placing my hands on my stomach where there soon will be a bump and I couldn't help but smile in nine months I'll be a mommy and with that I fell into a peaceful sleep.