32| T H E T R I A L: P A R T 2

- S N O W -

"I'm in denial right now, it'll hit me later." I spoke dazedly to the Santos family, who all look at me with different ranges of smiles.

"Oh sweetheart!" Bella throws her arms around me, my arms wrapping around her petite figure, my eyes tightly squeezed closed, "Just a little while longer, then we can go home."

Home. My home wasn't their house, it was them. Even Mr.Santos had grown on me. When the boys would come over, I felt like I had brothers to bicker with. Arsen was my home. They were becoming the flowers that now bloomed from the cracks in my walls.

x X x

"Two times in one day Ms.Verna, I feel lucky." A smile nervously stretched my lips as Judge Hanson chuckles about.

"We're here to present an adoption request your honor." Gabriela was also my representative for my adoption. She had my files for everything.

"I can see why, as a minor you would go into the foster system, aren't you a little lucky duck." He reads over my file with thin glasses perched on his nose, "Arabella and Alessandro Santos, you are willing to adopt Ms.Verna until she is of legal age giving her the decision to stay or not?" I stand sideways, looking at Bella and Mr.Santos, who stood confidently.

"We are your honor." Mr.Santos states firmly, his hand intertwined with Bella's.

"Considering the wonderful reputation you have, Agent Santos, and the spotless records for the both of you.." He mutters as he looks over papers, switching between stacks, "There is no reason why you can't adopt Ms.Verna." He assures, my foot anxiously tapping against the floor, "You have submit all the forms necessary, all the correct documents. This is much easier than our other trial." He closes the stapled papers, grabbing a pen and signing something before clicking it closed, "January 10th, 2022, Arabella and Alessandro Santos have adopted Snowflake Elise Verna, congratulations." He smacks the gravel, my mouth opening in a strongly hidden sob, Bella immediately running to me and pulling me into a hug that I stumbled from, my legs giving out and kneeling on the floor with her, crying into each others shirts.

My heart was warm, a feeling I wasn't accustomed too. I was happy in this moment, with Bella hugging me and crying in my ear, her arms wound so tight around me. I accepted every loving emotion from her and let it relax my soul, revive it. It's been a long day, but it's given me a new life, a fresh start with a family, my family.

x X x

"Shirley temple please" I lean my head on Arsens shoulder, an aura of happiness and laughter filling the booth at the diner. Bella was happily talking, even Mr.Santos was contributing. Jake and Xander were separated to sit on one side of me and the other on the side of Bella.

The waitress skips away, taking out orders to the cook. I have Arsens hand in a chokehold with mine. A smile so cheesy and big on my face as I couldn't be happier.

"Wait!" I look over at Jakes loud gasp, his eyes wide looking at Arsen and I, "Does this mean you two are like brother and sister?" He makes a disgusted face, my head titling up to Arsen, amusement written all over my face.

"Yeah she's basically my sister now." He throws his arm around my shoulder, his tone so deadly serious as I hide my face in his armpit, trying the hardest I could to not laugh.

"Ew!" I couldn't contain my laughter as Jake shrieked, Arsen and I both beginning to burst out laughing. I was tearing up from the laughter, my head turning to them again, Bella and Mr.Santos looking at each other with this knowing look. A look that had a little bit of smirk and a little bit of 'I told you so.'