Chapter Seven - Effortlessly hot

Maddy was nearly skipping around the house the following day. She could not wait for her date. She honestly couldn't remember the last time she was this excited. About anything, really.

She had already gone through her entire closet three times. Her bed looked like a clothes tornado hit it.

Eventually, she opted for a summery ivory dress with a white lace overlay on the skirt. She wasn't even sure when she bought it. It had thin spaghetti straps and a plunging neckline. She'd probably never worn it because of that. Well, she'd wear it today, she decided. She liked the way he looked at her in his shirt. It made her want to look a little sexy for him.

She set it aside for later. She didn't want to mess it up before her date. She could be a little klutzy.

For the time being, she slipped on a pair of light blue jeans and a loose-fitted pink tank top. She made another impulsive decision today. She had made an appointment at a salon she'd never been to. She didn't dare see her usual stylist. He'd talk her into doing it her mom's way. She was tired of being bossed around. Her hair felt like a good place to start.

She grabbed her purse and headed downstairs. Just as she reached the bottom, the doorbell rang. She ran over to answer it. It was a delivery guy with a bunch of red roses. There must have been at least four dozen deep red roses.

She knew where they came from in an instant. After all these years, he still didn't think she preferred pink to red. It just goes to show he never listened to her.

"Madison Garrison?" The man smiled. "Someone was thinking of you today!"

"I don't mean to be rude, sir, but are those from a Logan Montgomery?" She asked.

"I don't think I'm supposed to tell you that." He ran a hand through his curly brown hair.

"I won't tell anyone you did. If they're from him, I don't want them. That's why I'm asking." She explained.

"Oh." He said with understanding on his face. "Yeah, they are."

He probably delivered many flowers to people who didn't want them since people used them to apologize. It would be kind of silly if you asked her. An apology should be genuine; if it were, it wouldn't need to come with a gift.

"Maybe you can have them? I bet there's someone you could give them to." She suggested.

"My girl's been struggling at work lately. This would make her day." He mumbled.

"That's perfect, then!" She chirped happily.

"I don't know if I could do that, though." His soft brown eyes widened, fear seeping in.

"I don't see why not. They're mine. So, I'll accept them, and then I would like to gift them to you..." She looked at him with a searching gaze.

"Jay." He offered. "I really shouldn't."

"If I offer them to you, and you don't want them, they go to waste. They shouldn't have been plucked for no reason."

He laughed then. "You are one funny, rich girl. Okay, I'll take them then."

"Okay, you hand them to me first, so we go through the official motions." She suggested.

"Okay, here." He handed them to her.

"I would like to gift these flowers to you, Jay." She handed them back.

"I hope I don't get into trouble." He looked super nervous about it even still.

"If you do, tell them to call me. I said it was okay!" She insisted. She felt kind of like Slater saying that.

"Now hurry and get them to her!" Maddy encouraged him.