Chapter 6 - Moving

"Ah ... come on Xiao-ge, open wide ..." Wu Xie tries to persuade Zhang Qiling.

"Tianjin ... seriously ... why does your words sound misleading?" Fatty comments from the side.

"What do you mean misleading? I'm only asking Xiao-ge to open his mouth so that I can feed him the porridge. What's so misleading about that?" Wu Xie refutes and clearly explain the situation.

"Never mind. But don't you think that Xiao-ge can eat on his own?" Fatty forgot that he's speaking to this naive lad which probably don't have other hidden intention behind those words. Therefore, he drops his previous question and post a new one which is totally logical since Zhang Qiling is wide awake and his hands are now functional. So, what's the need for Wu Xie to feed him.

"....." Zhang Qiling doesn't speak but he has the same question as Fatty going through his mind. Hence, he looks at Wu Xie as well.

Wu Xie meets Fatty's eyes then Zhang Qiling's, "Xiao-ge's just gotten better he shouldn't do anything that would jeopardize his progress to full recovery."

"....." The answer has made Fatty speechless. "But eating by himself shouldn't be that bad, no?"

"Of course, he can." Wu Xie agrees.

Upon hearing this Fatty instantly move forward intending to take the bowl from Wu Xie's and hand it over to Zhang Qiling but he was struck in place with the continuation of Wu Xie's response.

"But I'd rather feed him to be sure. Come on Xiao-ge, ahhh."

'Guess there's no helping it.' Zhang Qiling tells himself.

Ever since the time in confinement Zhang Qiling believed that he wouldn't last long. Sooner or later, he would lose his mind, turned into a monster and disposed like the other people that he had seen. Yet, that did not happen. He continues to live and continue the status of an experimental rat in which the people in such facility did not treat him like human.

Until the day of the incident, many things happened at the same time. But in the end, Hei Ye and himself made it out. With the state that they were in, they might not have survived if not found by a group of strangers. The wounds have been taken care of and Zhang Qiling ... is also being taken care of.

Wu Xie has been helping Zhang Qiling with everything since he has regained his consciousness. Every morning and evening, Wu Xie would wipe Zhang Qiling's body clean. Three times a day, he would be feeding each meal personally. Even the time that Zhang Qiling needs to use the restroom, Wu Xie would take him there and even tried to enter together but got stopped.

'Having someone care for me is kind of nice.' Zhang Qiling truly thinks so after spending these few days in the Wu's Mansion. 'However, good things would soon come to an end.'

It can also be considered good for Zhang Qiling to have received help in the critical time. But once things returned to normal, who would want to keep stranger of unknown origin with them? Who could tell what trouble would come knocking on their door? As a result, he feels that he has already recovered enough to leave this place. He would not want these people to get into trouble because of him. Who knows if there would be anyone hunting him down and dragging him back to another laboratory or not? More importantly, he would not want to get too familiar and used to having people care about him.

If you feel warm for too long, when exposed to the cold again, it would be colder even though it's not so different from before.

"Then again since you are already feeling better. It's time to move." Wu Xie has been deliberating on this matter for the past 2 nights.

"You insisted on feeding him but now you want to drive Xiao-ge away? And he doesn't remember who he is, and probably have no place to stay. Yet, you want him to move out?" Fatty could not keep up with Wu Xie's thinking and wonder how he switches his thoughts around so fast.

'It would be for the best.' Zhang Qiling thought.

"What are you talking about? I'm just mentioning to move Xiao-ge to another room, not moving out of the house." Wu Xie explains his intention. "Since he can move around, it shouldn't too much for him to go upstairs and use the room next to mine."

'Oh?' The simple question pops up in Zhang Qiling's mind, but his expression remains indifferent.

"The f**k. How come you never invite me like this!?!?" Fatty listens and could not help but scold this innocent friend. They have been friends for a long time, yet Wu Xie never asks him to stay.

"You have your own house. Why do you need a room in my house? You should go back home." Wu Xie could not understand why Fatty would make a fuss of something so trivial.

"........." Well, what Wu Xie said kind of have a point.

Wait! No! That's totally off the point.

Fatty decides to drag Wu Xie out into the hall to talk some sense into him. Saying it in the room is inconvenient, since he doesn't want Zhang Qiling to feel bad, but Wu Xie must be smacked on the head to restore some logic.

"Tianjin ... you're not only naïve but you've become stupid as well!" Fatty whisper yells for fear that Zhang Qiling may overheard.

"What are you talking about?" Wu Xie has no idea what this Fatty is referring to.

"You're bringing an unknown danger to your side. At first, just bringing him home until he can fully recover is okay. But now you're thinking of keeping him here, right? We don't even know if there would be anyone hunting him. What's more, we haven't known him for long, can you really keep someone you don't know by your side like this?"

"Why not? I don't even know you well when you first just barge into my house."

"Right ... wait, no! I'm a good citizen of this country. What trouble would I cause?"

"Many."

"......" Indeed, Fatty has brought upon many troubles but that is not the current point! "Stop going off track! Don't you want to rethink about letting Xiao-ge stay here? And what about your third uncle? Does he know about this?"

"Of course ... not. I haven't told him yet."

"You haven't told your uncle, but the room is ready to be moved in ... Tianjin, have you been bewitched by Xiao-ge?"

"Nonsense, he's a good person. I can feel it. And even if there is trouble in the future ... there's me and you to help Xiao-ge."

"Who said I'm going to help? I don't want anything to do with you!"

"But Fatty, you're a good citizen so you need to help people with their trouble, right?" Wu Xie has confidence in Fatty. Therefore, he gave the latter a hug and patted him several times indicating the gesture of 'I know you won't ditch us with the time comes'.

With everything in place, Wu Xie brings Zhang Qiling to the bedroom next to his. "Xiao-ge, from now on this will be your room which is right next to mine. The bathroom is at the end of the hall, you can use the shower or soak in the bathtub. If you need someone to scrub your back, you can call for me."

'You even want to scrub my back?' Zhang Qiling asks in his mind, not sure if it is directed at himself or the innocent person in front of him.

The last sentence has Fatty poking his head out of Zhang Qiling's room. Initially, he's just checking out the room until he heard what Wu Xie said. He could not help but to take a little look.

'This seemingly innocent and naïve Wu Xie is acting rather strange since meeting Xiao-ge ...' A suspicion suddenly pops up in Fatty's head when considering all that has happened recently.

***************************

A/N

What could be wrong with Wu Xie? Anyone have a guess?