Chapter 1

True family
(Chapter 1)

( Year 997 day 21/120 , location manor of Aurae family )

   Varay continued doing as her sister once told . These days she started feeling that dragging mana to the forming core was essier . Observing Vanessa training too gave her additional motivation .
  She finally felt headache and exhaustion from intense focus hit her . Sliding off of her bed Varay went downstairs and to the kitchen .
    -Oh little miss you need something? - Clara asked ,  soft orange eyes looking at her curiously. Smile shined on wrinkle covered face .
    -Can i help too? Like sis… also i… want to learn cooking… - elderly maid chuckled but gave a short nod .
    -You can help me bring simple things around at first and observe silently , after a while I'll ask question about the order i do things in… if you answer correct you can try - Varay gave few fast nods - Okay… there is a jar with dry red berries on the third lower shelf…
  Like that Varay's first lessons on cooking started .

    Vanessa let out a sigh as decay mana slowly was forced together with water . Result was acid as before , but now she added more .
    Separating one drop into two she filled one with decay until it turned gray . Dropping it on a leaf result was interesting, both melting and decaying effects aided each other while liquid sipped through the plant fibers . Second drop she filled with ice , resulting acid melting effect was weaker but it froze things from inside out.
    To her surprise pure ice and decay went well together creating black ice . Its touch ate away on mana letting cold sip into what it touched . Fire and decay resonated , mostly because of destructive nature she guessed , black and scarlet red flames resulting destroyed everything faster and burned mana they touched with not less vigor than burning dry wood .
    She didn't yet have enough familiarity with lightning to try fusion with it and wind simply carried decays weakened effect everywhere it went .
Sadly all combined forms of deviancy drained her greatly meaning they would be more of trump cards for now . Her core was close to breaking into bright orange.
   At least her mastery over Ghost walk , as she named technic to hide spells , was bit by bit becoming her second nature . Stable balanced circulation of purified and natural surrounding mana also somewhat hid her mana signature , blending it into the area's own .
    -Ok…. Now back to exercise - her father gave her tips on ice , mother and Azrael on wind and fire , water was mostly Hloee's domain of knowledge .
    Each gave her their own exercises for heightening control over elements , she used them separately even tho she developed exercises that combined elemental exercises of her own . She wanted to balance mastery over united and separate use of them .
   Observing his student Azrael felt a smile creeping onto his face , this little one's effort and monstrous growth pushed him back into training . He wasn't able to fully mimic the little lady's constant intake , it took focus all the time while she seemed to do it instinctively , but it still helped training. Now he was cracking into bright yellow , perhaps in year or two he would push into silver and tach up to his lifelong rival Marri.

  -Akame…. Why?... You weren't fast enough… - voices screamed in pain , anger and sorrow . She could see them , half cut , frozen in ice , scorched by lightning .
   Then she saw her last battle with Esdeath , her hugging one man she loved before both shattered into ice pieces .
Vanessa shot up from her bed . Suffocating feeling clenched her chest. Silent tears streamed down her cheeks , she felt as if weight was added to her shoulders. 
  Slipping from under the covers, the girl made her way to the library . Fireplace was burning as flames slowly ate away at the wood . Her father set in a fluffy armchair , reading a book on magic flowers.
  -Dear? Why aren't you in bed? Something happened? - she looked into his worried eyes and simply nodded . Man gently lifted her before placing Vanessa on his lap - Shshsh honey… a bad dream?
    -No…. My past… - she spoke barely understanding what she was doing. This body , feelings and experience were all so alien to her . True family . She was scared of losing them but the weight of secret was much for her to handle .
  Listening closely, Luzran couldn't help but feel sad . Akame's childhood was something he wouldn't wish upon any child no matter their birth parents.  She was selfless , warm person who lost too much .
  Luz finally understood why ice magic was difficult for her at first . Losing someone close to specific type often was reason why mages refused learning some elements even if they had affinity for it.
  He never believed in reincarnation before but here he was proven wrong . Knowing he could have had a normal daughter was somewhat weird as Luz got very much used to her "weirdness" .
    -You…. Don't hate me? - she asked, making him chuckle as his fingers gently ran through her hair .
    -Can i hate someone for trying to hold onto what they hold dear ? Never… also you are still Aurae , my daughter , Vanessa - he spoke softly as she continued to cry.
     On his way to his daughter's bedroom , while carrying Vanessa , he saw his wife with a mixture of sadness and pity even . He knew her sound deviancy was strong enough to increase and lead sounds.  She simply gave him a nod .