THE KING'S RIDE

Hooper's things were loaded into the royal cart, lovely and gilded with gold. Then a carriage-like cart came by, Hooper was shoved into it. As Hooper sat there, shaking in fear the opposite door opened, "Are you okay? Ya' shaking there. His majesty would be upset to see ya' like this," a guard said, " Ya' name, your sweater say "Hooper" yes? Hooper is a nice name." He said, then walked off, slamming the door. Hooper was shaking even harder, afraid of the king. Suddenly a hand was on his shoulder and he was pulled close. The king looked down at him, "What you shaking for?" He asked, Hooper looked up, he couldn't speak, he nuzzled into the king, "Oh? Too nervous to talk? That's okay. Let me know when you want to talk."

Hooper and the king sat there in silence until the king started to talk to the young male, "How are you? I'm doing quite nice myself." Hooper didn't answer, didn't the king be told that the Trading Senter doesn't teach them how to speak? So Hooper signaled to the king, but he ignored, "Are you going to speak?" He said sternly, Hooper pointed to his mouth the made movements to signal that he couldn't speak. Only then the king understood, "Oh! You can't speak! I'm sorry!" He apologized. They sat in silence for the rest of the day.

Hooper fell asleep on the king. During the night the king pulled his new contestant onto his lap, simply to keep the being warm as they were just now entering the northern border.

Hooper awoke in the king's lap, and panicked and scrambled off, which made the king panic himself. Soon they both calmed down and the ride stopped. The door opened and the king and Hooper stepped out. Hooper began to shiver and huddled into the king. The king spoke, "Welcome to your new home!"