21: Maleficent: Returns

I wore a red dress, held a red rose, and applied a red tint on my lips. Grandpa's last wish. To give him a happy farewell. To wear something red which was his favorite color. He asked me to do this. He didn't want a normal, sad farewell. He wanted people to celebrate his demise.

This is the least I could do for what he gave me. A chance to prove myself. A chance to show my worth. A chance to make things right. A chance to point out others' mistakes. A chance to redeem me. I coldly went towards the coffin and placed the rose on it.

"Sayōnara, old man," I said. "Y- Y/n?" I heard my mom. "Hello, mother! Hello, father! Missed me? Well, I guess someone surely didn't," I said looking at Uncle Kyung Ho and Aunt So Yeon.

I looked at someone through the corner of my eye standing beside them.

J-jungkook? He looks different. His eyebrows pierced, lips pierced, tattoos on his hands, buffed body. He looks like a man. No more the weak boy with glasses and bruised face. He looks stronger than before.

I saw him looking at me from the corner of my eyes. I'm back Jungkook.

And this time I'll make sure to fulfill what I asked you long back, but this time for myself. I'll prove them wrong. Prove them that I'm not weak. I can stand up for myself. I'll make them taste war in the Maleficent way.

"Y/n, you look so grown up," Aunt Somin said. I smiled softly at her. "I had to grow up and now I'm here back for good," I said winking at Ho Yeon unnie who winked back. I started laughing like a maniac and clapping my hands in the air and walking away.

---------------------------------------------

"This isn't fair. She's just 20. She isn't fit for the President position," Aunt So Yeon screamed. "But if the will says so then it is what it is," I heard a new voice and saw Jungkook coming towards us. I looked at him with my usual cold eyes without any emotion. "Now who are you?" Jin asked him.

"I'm Jeon Jungkook, Jeon Y/n- I mean Jung Y/n's lawyer," he said extending my hand to him. Lawyer? I don't remember appointing him?

"Who are you?" I asked and saw his eyes which showed clear displeasure. He pulled me away from the elders by holding my arm.

"Yah! You don't remember me? You saved me from those bullies when I was in my university and you even treated my wounds. How dare you forget your future husband? You said me to continue breathing to piss my parents and bullies off! Don't you remember?" he whispered at me.

So he remembers me? Future husband? What is this guy saying? Is he just returning the favor of me treating his wounds that night? Why is he even here? He should be at his apartment! Is he pitying me? I frowned at him and freed myself.

"No!" I said before going back to them. He came back and spoke in a strict voice, "My client, Miss Y/n is the rightful heir to the CEO position of Samsung Tech according to the will so you can't question either way."

---------------------------------------------

I saw Jungkook getting inside the building and I sighed. "Now I know why you chose this place out of everywhere in Seoul!" Yoongi snarled at me. "Yes, you do!" I said undoing my seat belt.

"Y/n, don't tell me, he is the guy Yoongi always mentions," Jin asked me. I looked at him coldly and he looked away. I got out of the car and turned back.

"Mr. Min, tomorrow in front of Samsung Tech. I'll text you the time later. Arrange the board meeting. I will take over the position tomorrow itself!" I said before shutting the car door behind me.

I went towards my unit and before entering the passcode I looked at the closed door of Jungkook's unit. I sighed and entered the passcode of my unit.

"101011"

The alphabet numbers representing 'JJK' initials of Jeon JungKook.

The man who still occupies my mind. I looked at the people who were still organizing the things in my unit. It's going to be a long stay with you, Jeon Jungkook.

---------------------------------------------

The way Jungkook is taking care of me, nobody ever did that. So this is how it feels to be loved. To be taken care of. My parents never did these for me. Hell anybody ever showed me what real care feels like. The way he calls me Princess makes me feel things I've never felt before. This feeling is different. I can't do this. What if he is just playing? I can't trust him. Even if I trust him. I don't trust myself. I can't ruin his life like that. I shouldn't. I'm a hollow can. I can't play him. I won't. I can't let him love me.

"Princess, here I bought this for you since you can't drink coffee," he said waving a bag in front of my face and flashing me his bunny smile. I silently went to the bus stop.

--------------------------------------------------

Ugh! I shouldn't have come here. What will he think of me? I should've just texted him. Or met him after work. But here I am in his firm, finding him.

"Excuse me, where is Mr. Jungkook's cabin?" I asked the lady at the reception. "11th floor, the last room to the right side of the studio," she replied.

I thanked her and went to my destination. "One problem wasn't enough that another one appeared! This Kim So Yeon and Jung Kyung Ho is an evil pair!" I mumbled getting out of the elevator.

I looked for his cabin and finally found the nameplate. I touched the doorknob when I heard screams from the inside. "Dad, leave please!" I heard a female voice. "He is a disabled child. A disgrace, the black sheep of our family. I regret having you!" an angry voice said and suddenly I heard footsteps approaching the door.

I quickly moved away from it and hid a bit away from the door. I saw Mr. Jeon walking away angrily. I fisted my hand but followed him calmly. He went to the elevator and pressed the button to call for one. I slowly approached him when the door opened and he went in.

He didn't look up so he just pressed the floor button and the door started closing. I swiftly placed my foot in the opening and due to the touch sensation, the door opened again. Mr. Jeon looked up at me and his eyes widen. I bowed at him and entered the elevator.

"Miss. Y/n, what brings you here?" he asked me from behind. I was slightly standing ahead of him. "I was here to meet Miss. Yeo-Been but seems like I dropped in on the wrong floor," I said without turning back.

"Ahh... I see. Is Jungkook doing well in Samsung Tech? I don't know why Joon Ho appointed him. He is incapable of doing any-" I turned around and gripped his neck, choking him before he could say any further.

He tried to free himself from my grip by holding my hand but he was weak. I tilted my head and gave him a cold stare. He was grumbling under my grip.

"Now who is bleating like a black sheep, huh? Aren't you looking like a disabled man?" I said freeing him. He fell on the floor when I heard the floor arriving. I quickly pressed the lock door button on the escalator and turned back, kneeling on one knee while the other one was giving support to my arm.

He was coughing vigorously. "Your son didn't beg you to let him come into this world, you chose that. Think before you talk. You are an extremely unhappy person who cannot face your unhappiness and cannot take responsibility for your choices or lack of choice, so you are looking for a scapegoat to blame. Luckily that's your son? That's funny." I said scoffing at him.

"You're a bad father. Just don't talk to your son in order to reduce some bad deeds from your life, you mentally sick person. You're a disgrace to life!" I spat in rage. He widens his eyes. I got up from the floor and was about to press the button again to unlock it.

"You know that I'm capable of doing worse things to you than this. So make sure that nobody gets to know what happened here. You just had a panic attack and fell. Tell them that," I muttered before pressing the button and moving out.

👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑👑

A/n: Mom, I'm scared. Drop a vote on this chapter or Y/n will haunt you next~