Chapter One

~Flashback~

"Mum, quick hurry!"

"Camryn, go upstairs and hide!"

"Mum I'm not leaving you. He's got a gun, I c-"

"Camryn just GO!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Get away from me you path-"

"Mum?! Mum?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The awful memories still haunt me to this day. The man in black. He took my mothers life, and for what? I lay on my bed, focused on the ceiling. It's all your fault. The words constantly replaying in my head. My fingers traced the scars which trailed up my wrist, reminding me of what a tragic life I live.

I've been living in a care home for 4 and a half years now. I was moved here when my mother was taken from me, and I've hated every minute of it. It's nothing like my old house, the one I shared with my beautiful mum and our cute brown-haired staffy called biscuit. It was a nice big house, located just ouside Chesire. I wish I was there now. I'm 17 in 1 week, and trust me, when the clock strikes midnight on the 28th of December, I'm out of here. 

"Camryn let me in!" I heard a voice whisper heavily through the cracks of my door.

I pulled the sleeve of my jumper down and forced myself out of bed, quickly shrugging my slippers on and heading to the door. It was Ashley. She was the trouble maker of the house. She's always getting into trouble. Ashley was the only one I actually got to know, she seemed different. We've grown quite close to be fair. I feel like I can tell her anything. Well, anything is a strong word..

"OK, Cam, we need to discuss party plans!" She sounded very enthusiastic. Ashley's birthday was on the same day as mine, she'll be turning 16, then she's still got two more years in this hell hole. See, you have to be 18 to legally leave a care home, but theres no way I could wait that long.

"Oh..erm, Ashley..I don't think I'll be wanting a party or anything this year." I stutted. Her smile suddenly moulded into a frown. As I said, 'when the clock strikes midnight on the 28th of December, I'm out of here'

"But Camryn, It's your 17th, you need to celebrate?!" she was quick to protest. Another thing about Ashley was that she was very persuasive, not to mention argumentative. But nothing would get me to change my mind, my desicion was final.