𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"Are you sure you have nothing to say to me?"

A frown adorned his face and he looked at her, confused, "Wow. I sense detective vibes now," he joked, chuckling nervously as he took the cup of coffee made to Jia, sitting at the table, to put it in the sink.

And as she followed him with her gaze, she then saw him leaning with his backside near the sink, arms folded.

Jis sighed, "Hoseok..."

"There's nothing, Jia."

She snorted in disbelief.

"How ironic..."

She stood up to approach him, who turned to wash the dishes.

"So... " she opened the fridge door and Hoseok tensed, "telling him to stop what he's doing with drugs and your friend..." 

While speaking, Jia moved away a few things before taking the small sachet in her hand and out of the fridge. 

She stopped talking and shook the sachet back and forth, the white powder inside producing a muffled noise.

And Hoseok jerked himself in her direction, eyes wide open.

"... reminding him of what you did to protect him because of the horrible acts he committed... is nothing, huh?" Jia added, a sense of betrayal visible on her face.

"When will you stop?!"

Hoseok's exasperated and pained voice froze her from twisting the key into the door lock.

Though it reached her ears in a muffled way, she could hear it clearly.

"I can't take it anymore! I did everything you asked me to do and you promised you would quit drugs!" her heart skipped a beat. "That you would get help!"

"You think I don't want to do that? It's difficult, ok? Jia already suspects something because of my red eyes."

"And what are you waiting for?! Dying of an overdose?! Have a withdrawal?! So Jia can find out everything?! We did so much- I did so much to keep you from getting caught committing those heinous acts!" She blinked, confused and shocked. "Please, hyung! I've lost important people already, please..."

He heard Namjoon sigh, "Ok. I will."

Silence. That was what Jia heard after that.

And she decided to make her entrance, twisting the key and opening the door.

She smiled, "Surprise!"

While inside she was completely devastated.

Hoseok blinked a few times, caught off guard.

Jia only watched how he acted, understanding that she was right.

She squeezed the drug between her fingers, gritting her teeth, "You're probably wondering how I know this stuff. But it's pretty simple: I've been there myself. Namjoon's body language remind me of some of my actions. You don't seem to use drugs, but you have them anyway. Getting out of it isn't easy and it never will be." She sighed, "How long has this been going on?"

Hoseok cleared his throat, sniffing, "Ah... uhm...before meeting you guys, so... years."

"Why didn't you ever tell me you already knew him? Where do you guys get your stuff from?" he bit his lower lip. "Hoseok..."

He exhaled before speaking, "I deal it."

He answered only one question, though.

"You?! What?!"

"I was fired from my job and I didn't have enough money to pay my rent and everything-"

"So you thought about dealing drugs?!" Jia cut him off, worried for him. "This shit can kill you! You could have find another job! Asking us," she pointed at herself, "for help!"

They were now yelling at each other.

"Like I said: It was before meeting you! I couldn't ask you as soon as we met!"

"Where does he hide the other sachets?" Jia questioned, heading to Namjoon's room.

He frowned, following her, "What?"

"When Namjoon comes back we will all talk about it together," she began to search through the nightstands. "You will get help and I don't want any excuses!"

"Please, stop, Jia!" his desperate voice didn't reach her, so Hoseok held her by the wrist and she looked at him. "Trust me, it's better not to search through his things. Please, Jia, I don't want to see you hurt."

Teary eyes. Frightened expression.

Something was definitely off.

"Is he threatening you?"

"No!" he firmly denied. "Why would he?! How can you say something like that?!"

She pulled herself away from him and kept on looking around.

"I like him a lot, for sure. But that doesn't mean I can't suspect him of doing something bad. I don't know him well. You said so yourself, too. And don't say it's not true! I heard your conversation word for word."

She checked under the mattress, the closet, the desk.

And Hoseok was sweating, afraid of his arrival.

But his heart trembled with terror when he saw Jia crouch down in front of the desk and reach for the medium-sized ventilation grille under the desk.

It was slightly open.

Jis opened it and the little box was more visible. She got it out and stood up, placing it on the desk.

And when she removed the lid, she began to shake.

There were pictures of her and a phone.

"Oh, my God... Oh, my God..."

And all the dots were connected.

The calls happened after she met Namjoon.

The deaths happened one by one.

And the calls stopped after everyone was gone and he was dating her.

Namjoon was a drug addict and a fucking killer.

And Hoseok was helping him.

Her chest went up and down, tears running down her face.

"How could you-"

She looked up at Hoseok, but what she saw was a cloth that was placed over her nose and mouth.

Her back collided with a masculine chest and a strong arm was around her waist.

She glanced at her friend, a fearful and guilty bystander of one of the most cruel thing a human could do.

Betrayal, resentment, pain.

This was what she felt and wanted him to know with a single glance.

He knew indeed.

Her eyes closed, her arms gave out and her body fell against the mastermind of all this.

Namjoon looked at her before shifting his attention to Hoseok, who trembled even more under his threatening gaze.

"Now... mind explaining how she found out, brother?"