{•Chapter One•}

Wednesday, April 24 (2012)

(5 years old) Perrin's POV

"Alright boy, you stay here and don't leave until I come back. Understand?" Dad said to me as he pointed to a barrel indicating me to sit. I sat down and nodded.

He then walked away leaving me to my thoughts, I watched him and his buddies push an old boat off the shoreline and they climbed aboard. Dad then looked at me and sent me a goodbye waved before the engine started and they took off into the fog that covered the ocean.

The sky was filled with rain clouds and the beach was windy. I sat alone still staring out into the sea. I could feel raindrops but they didn't break my focus. I told my Father that the weather was too harsh for fishing, but he told me "the more brutal of weather the more chance of fish".

An hour went by and I was getting thirsty so I dug through my backpack and found some water. As I drank I heard a faint tapping coming from under the dock. I set my drink down slowly and listened again.

It was silent then again, the tapping noise return. Curious, I took a look under the dock to find a young girl with brown hair and pale skin, brown eyes and red cheeks. She smiled showing me her white pearl teeth, the sight shocked me I let go of the dock and fell into the water below.

The water was cold and it pinched my skin. I desperately tried to swim for air but I wasn't moving. My arms and legs went numb from the cold, I wanted to cry for my Father or anyone for that matter. I began to close my eyes and could feel my body sink deeper into the water when a hand grabbed arm and began pulling towards the surface.

After what seem like an eternity we finally made it. My head came above water and I breathed the air in frantically. I started to freak out, I wanted my Father. I could feel tears run down my face as the water still pinched my skin.

"Hey, calm down... it's alright!" I heard a girl voice say. I turned slowly to see the same girl from under the dock smiling at me again. This time I wasn't afraid but instead I felt comfort knowing I wasn't alone.

I could feel my heart rate slowing down and my tears stopped. Once I felt relaxed enough I was able to use my last bit of strength to pull myself up onto the dock. I laid on my back facing the still cloudy sky, the rain had stopped but the wind didn't.

My teeth began to chatter. my Father still wasn't back yet. I was getting colder by the minute and I could feel tears well up in my eyes. I then felt a gentle hand rested on mine. I looked over to see the girl was examining me from head to toe.

"Hello, my name is Perrin... who are you ?" I managed to say through my numb lips. The girl seemed a little startled by my question but calmed. "They call me Heather..." she said.

I then realized... she was still in the water. I then used more strength I didn't know I had to get up and grab the girls hand to pull her up. She immediately started to fight back and that's when I saw it, the reason she wasn't affected by the cold water...

Attached to her waist was a tail, not just any tail. But a dark purple mermaid tail.

{Chapter One End}
{Sorry For Spelling Mistakes}

Characters
-Perrin's Dad
-Perrin
-Heather