Chapter 2

"(Y/n), status please

"(Y/n), status please." Tintin asked when they were farther away from the man.

"Average older gentleman. Lovely wife, intelligent daughter in college that knows her father is a collector. That may have been how this beauty got into the market in the first place." She said, smirking as Tintin rolled his eyes.

"No, Not the salesman, (Y/n)."

"I know love. I just like to rile you up a bit. The first man, American he was. All hair oil, no socks. 211 kg. Maybe half a head taller than you. Frazzled. And did he seem a bit apprehensive to you as well?"

"Yes. That was quite odd. What about the other fellow?"

"Ah yes, Mr. Red Coat. I can practically smell the stench of money he loves to roll in at night. I don't like him. He feels mischievous."

Tintin frowned at her as they made it to the exit of the market and by the street.

They waited for the cars to stop.
"Come now (Y/n). We barely know him. How would we know if he has bad intentions or now?"

The woman rolled her eyes and stared down at the first deck of the boat in her arms.

"Love, don't you remember I wasn't always as good as you were, right? There's something us profesional criminals, whether we are retired or not, have in common. We can always tell who's one of us and who's not. You dear, have never been a bad egg. You've always been soft clean and polished, even in your line of work. And that's what I like about you." She said as cars stopped for them and they strolled down the crosswalk.

Tintin froze for a second and blushed. He yelped as the cars began to honk and ran across the crosswalk quickly to catch up to her.

(Y/n) continued on the sidewalk with a grin, snickering at her clumsy man.
Tintin playfully glared.

"You just love to see me suffer."
"An irritated clean polished egg."

Tintin rolled his eyes as the two of them made it to the front of his apartment.

"Well, then what kind of egg do you reckon yourself to be, hm?" He asked as he opened the door for the woman.

She smirked and pretended to ponder as she stepped inside.

"Well, you have the egg, then the mama chicken that must protect the egg from danger. So, the chicken."

Tintin laughed and Snowy barked.
(Y/n) chuckled as well as she walked up the stairs.

"Now that we've established who's breakfast and who's lunch, let's focus on the task at hand, shall we?"

"Right." Tintin agreed as he opened the door to his flat and walked in after her and Snowy.

"The question is, what is it about this ship? Why has it attracted so much attention?"

(Y/n) walked deeper into the room and placed the ship down on the large desk by the window.