Chapter One: The Hellfire Club

*bzzzzt bzzzt bzzzzt*

Groaning, you reach over and turn off your alarm clock. As you opened your eyes, you started to remember last night, and all that did was make you want to close them again. What happened between you and Steve last night, it made you cry yourself to sleep.

But the headache you woke with wasn't new. getting out of bed you immediately walk to your bathroom, and pull out some medicine for your head. While you take it, you look in the mirror and examine your tired features. You needed to get ready for work, but what if you just called out? Or would that complicate things with Steve even more?

The argument was something stupid. And you didn't know who to blame. The last several days you've been having the same nightmares every night. And these headaches that just won't go away. You were distancing yourself from Steve, and he noticed. It made him nervous, nervous that there was someone else. When he came to talk to you about it, you got so upset. It felt like he was accusing you of cheating! When really, you just haven't been yourself.

Your reaction to his accusation caused things to escalate, unfortunately. It ended with the word "break". No you didn't "break up", but Steve told you he just needed a break. But really, what was the difference?

【┘】

A little earlier that morning, Steve drives Robin to school.

"I really thought my relationship with (Y/n) would have a point other than sex. I mean, I don't know. We were good, just this last week she's totally different. Do you think she has someone else?" Steve rambles off, but Robin is totally out of it. "Robin, are you listening?"

"Uhh, yes." She responds, frustrated as she stops putting on mascara. "What did I just say?" Steve asks.

"Something about sex with (Y/n)?"

"No, I'm talking about my argument with (Y/n)." He corrects her, angrily. "Cut me some slack, please. Your love life is one of labyrinthine complexity. It is 7:00 in the morning, we have the stupid pep rally, and I woke up looking like a total corpse." Robin snaps, stretching her cheeks back on her face.

"You're worried about a pep rally? Expect me to believe that?" Steve questions. "Yeah? So?" She mutters. "So we both know what this is about. Not buying that. This is about Vickie." Steve argued.

"Absolutely not." Robin denies while she continues to fix her makeup. "It is. You know what else?" Steve continues.

"I don't care... "

"You gotta stop pretending to be someone else when you're around her. You just gotta be yourself."

"You're literally quoting me to me. You do realize that."

"Maybe you need to listen to yourself. Ever think about that? I listened. Look at me. Boom. Back in business."

"It's not the same thing. Okay? Well... You ask out a girl and she says no. Big deal. Nothing happens. Maybe your ego's a little bruised. I ask out the wrong girl, and bam, I'm a town pariah."

"I'd buy that, except Vickie is definitely not the wrong girl."

"We just don't know that, do we?"

"She returned Fast Times paused at 53 minutes, 5 seconds. Know who pauses Fast Times at 53 minutes, 5 seconds? People who like boobies, Robin."

"Ew! Gross. Don't say boobies."

"Boobies. Not a big deal, okay?" He gestures to himself, "I like boobies." Then he gestures to Robin. "You like boobies. Vickie likes boobies. Definitely."