Chapter Ten Amnesia

-after two weeks-
Nothing much has happened these past few weeks, well, until now. Logan was... Logan. I don't talk to him much, he doesn't talk to me often. That I'm grateful for. Me and Cole have gotten very close, I could tell him anything. Logan and Cole weren't here during the weeks often because of school. They said they are enrolling me in two weeks to go to St. Matthew's Junior High Private School. I really don't want to go, being the new kid can't be fun. I wish I could curl up in a ball and sleep, forever. I wish I was dead, or wake up with amnesia, I really don't want to face school, I'm just starting to stop crying myself to sleep over my parents' deaths. I forgot to mention Mum got me a phone while we went shopping two weeks ago, an iPhone 5s, which keeps me entertained while mum is running errands and dad is at work.
It went off, and I accepted the call, because it said Katy was calling.
"Hello?" I asked, hoping she'd say I could go with Morgan earlier than she thought.
"Mary...there has been some... unfortunate news. Get your parents on the phone," she said, and she sounded depressed. That's nothing like Katy.
"Okay," I said, walking downstairs.
"Guys, Katy wants to talk to all of us, now. Let's go to my room," I said, going back upstairs as Mum, dad, Cole, and Logan followed me to my room.
"What do you need, Katy?" Mum asked.
"Right... Mary, I am sadly here to say Morgan and Tad have fallen ill with Chanson Disease," Katy announced through the speaker. What? No, no. Not real, not real. The room fell silent, silent tears streaming down my cheeks.
"What stage?" Dad asked, clearly upset.
"Three. They were hospitalized last night," Katy said, and I could tell Katy was upset too. Cole sat beside me, rocking me and cradling me near him chest, my crying my eyes out.
"Mary, if... if you're okay, you can visit them," she added softly. It'll be a miracle if they last the night, at the rate they're progressing. I noted even Logan looked a little scared, because he probably inferred they mean the world. And right now, my world is stopping.
"I'm so sorry Mary. I have to go now, goodbye," Katy said, her voice varying in pitch from miserable to sympathetic, and the phone turned off.
"Oh sweetheart," mum quietly said, stroking my hair.
"Mary, do you want to visit them?" Daddy asked, and I nodded. Even though the whole time I would have to wear a mask and an oxygen clip, deal with the occasional blood tests, I will do anything to see her. Tad I haven't met, but I feel horrible for his family. Every went downstairs and piled in the car, silently. Cole carried me the whole time, and I never stopped crying. Now it was down to whimpers and silent tears, rather than the sobbing from earlier. Once we got to the hospital, I cried the whole way to the waiting room, and Cole had to pick me up again. My vision was so full of tears and my head spinning I couldn't do much of anything. Finally, I was allowed to see Morgan, as long as an adult came with me, so mum came. She was on a ventilator, with red circles and bruises coated over her sheet white skin. She didn't look like Morgan, at all. I felt horrible from crying so much. I held her hand, and told her everything. I told her I loved her more than a dozen times, begging her not to leave. The occasional nurse walked in and did blood tests with me and mum, to make sure we didn't catch it. The oxygen clip tickled my nose and the mask made it hard to talk. But I didn't care.
"Sweetie, you've been here all night. Please eat and rest," mum begged, and I shook my head. Mum finally fell asleep, so I told Morgan about me being nervous about school. I had long conversations with her, but she never answered. Morning came, and Tad had passed away. I meet his parents, they came to visit Morgan. They were very nice people, but after Tad died all they did was cry silently. They eventually left. Morning came, and doctors said she had hit the fourth and final stage. My heart broke, and I found myself often having panic attacks, which I ran to Cole who calmed me down, then I went back to Morgan. Deep in my heart, I knew she would die that day. My heart isn't broken, it's shattered in fragments.