I

CHAPTER ONE
NOT SO HAPPY CAMPERS - PART ONE

"DROP DEAD, YOU SKEEZ!" Was the first thing I heard when I arrived at the god-forsaken island that was catfished as a five-star resort

"DROP DEAD, YOU SKEEZ!" Was the first thing I heard when I arrived at the god-forsaken island that was catfished as a five-star resort. Looking over at the campers that had already arrived, it seemed like the punk guy with a green mohawk was the aforementioned 'skeez' that was perving over this tall Asian girl with model qualities. I nervously got off of the boat and analyzed my future friends/competition; A short brunette with glasses and braces, a muscular Black guy that seemed like the gentle giant type, a goth girl, a tall, tanned blond, and yet another girl that looked like she just stepped out of a Vogue cover, as well as the previously introduced punk dude and tall girl. "... And here's [Y/N]!"

The brunette and Ms. Vogue gave a friendly wave, the brunette not hesitating to introduce herself, "Hey! I'm Beth!"

The goth girl rolled her eyes, and the punk gave me a once-over. Without acknowledging my existence, the Asian girl stormed over to the opposite end of the dock while announcing that she was going to call her parents and that 'they can't make her stay here.' I looked back at Chris along with the cameras as he pulled out a thick stack of papers and smiled. Before trying to make small talk with the other campers, a loud honk interrupted me as I opened my mouth to speak.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Tyler!" A brunet water skiing on the back of his boat shortly came into view. Somehow, when trying to wave, he loses his skiis and proceeds to do an uncountable amount of flips on the water's surface, propelling himself over the dock and into everyone's luggage. One bag, in particular, flinging itself into the water, the Asian girl running over to the end of the pier and screaming, "Ugh, my shoes!"

"Wicked wipeout, man!" 'Tyler' sticks his fist above the mountain of luggage that he's buried under and gives a thumbs up.

Amidst all the chaos, greasy-looking ginger arrived on the dock with a heavy sigh. "Welcome to camp, Harold." A good amount of time passes in awkward silence- realistically, no more than a minute, but it felt like a lifetime and a half.

"What's he looking at?" Beth says.

"So you mean this show is at a crappy summer camp, and not on some big stage or something?"

"You got it!" Instead of showing disappointment, disgust, or any negative emotion, 'Harold' seems... excited?

"Yes! That is so much more favorable to my skills." He exclaims as he walks over to the other end of the dock with the other campers and stands between the goth girl and the tanned blond, the latter giving him a warm smile. Chris inhales sharply and physically recoils to his reaction. If this wasn't national TV, I would've done the same.

"Contestant number ten is Trent."

"Hey, good to see you, man. I saw you on that figure skating show, Nice work!" An attractive guy says.