Devour❌

[Everleigh]

"What if I were able to bring you on as my personal baker or would you prefer the term chef instead? I'm never quite sure when it comes to the technicalities such as formal or informal terms with careers levels…."

Charlie's voice trailed off in my ears but I didn't care much about what his words might've been after he dropped that bomb on me because all I could wonder about now was if he was joking around or actually being serious about hiring me.

Could this be the solution to the catastrophe that was my life?

The answers to all of life's questions?

Fuck, if he actually did take me on as an employee, who knows what could happen then!

My career could take off for the stars and so could our relationship.

I mean, I'm not too familiar with the codes of conduct but I'd say screw it all and just give the guy a blowjob for saving my ass here.

Woah, woah, slow your roll there, cowgirl.

We don't even know if he's actually being serious or just playin' around.

Besides, I highly doubt that being employed is the answer to all of life's neverending questions and I'm definitely sure that all of those naughty thoughts you're having right now would violate every single code and enforced law between a boss and his employees out there.

I cleared my throat nonchalantly under my breath as I took a few deep breaths in and out, trying to calm the sudden racing of my heart and the flushed appearance of my cheeks and collarbone that gave way to my innermost desires which I definitely couldn't say aloud unless I wanted to throw myself off the Golden Gate Bridge and just be done with life at that point.

But I didn't exactly have, per say, those desires to just be completely done with my life yet, there were still many things that I wanted to accomplish after all.

Get married at some point, have kids at another point, possibly run for president at the next point….Ah!

Who am I even kidding here?

There was no way I could be president of this country! I'd have better luck running for the councilwoman position down at City Hall then I would running for the president of the United States!

Plus, if there was an actual chance that I could become president, I'd have absolutely no fucking clue what to do then and I'd basically just have everybody else do the job for me.

Whelp, I'm getting off topic and off track here but you get the point I'm trying to make, right?

Right.

"Sorry. Um….You would do that for me? Isn't that kind of complicating our…thing…that's going on here?"

I hesitantly asked as I could feel my cheeks flush with just the knowledge of bringing it up, why was I bringing it up anyways?

Why did I always have to be the one to draw the clear line of boundaries in the sand?

Why couldn't it be someone else?

Like Charlie.

I mean, the dude has probably done this before with other women, helping them out while dating them at the same time so it shouldn't be too much of a stretch for an idea for him.

But for me, this was unfamiliar territory that I was quickly finding myself in, an uncomfortable territory that I didn't know how to handle in the slightest bit.