chapter eight

⋆.ೃ࿔*:・ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓
FOREVER

ೃ࿔*:・ 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓FOREVER

⊱ ────── {.⋅ ✯ ⋅.} ────── ⊰

JILL and Adela had finally made their way into the underground portion of the mansion. After investigating for what seemed like ages, they had found that the mansion was used by Umbrella to maintain the secrecy of the Progenitor Virus.

"I knew it. I fucking knew it." Adela huffed, walking beside Jill with her gun in her hands. "What did I tell you? I knew this place was fucking fishy. Who places a mansion in the middle of the forest?" She rambled, shaking her head in disbelief.

"Adela, calm down." Jill sighed heavily, holding her hand up before Adela could interrupt. "I know this news is shocking but you got to keep it together. At the end of the day, we're still trying to survive." Jill placed a hand on Adela's shoulder.

Adela completely ignored what Jill said, an insane amount of thoughts and worries rushing through her head.

"What if this was the plan along? What if we're just their guinea pigs?" Adela asked, her eyes widening. "This whole thing was a test to see if we had what it—"

There was a sound in the near distance. A voice to be precise. A familiar one. Jill furrowed her eyebrows at the voice, immediately shushing Adela.

Adela scoffed. "Hey, I was onto—"

"Shut up. I know that voice." Jill interrupted, making her way towards the sound. Adela opened her mouth to say something, immediately shutting it once she heard the voice as well.

"Is anyone out there?!" The voice rang out. Adela and Jill's eyes widened, turning to each other. Could it really be Chris Redfield? Was he really alive?

"Chris?!" Jill called out, her voice echoing through the halls.

"Jill?!" Chris called back. "I'm here! I'm right here!"

Jill was ready to run, only for Adela to stop her. Adela grabbed Jill's arm, a worried expression on her face.

"Jill, what if it's a trap? What if they're using Chris as bait?" Adela whispered, keeping her grip on her partner's arm.

Jill stood quiet before taking her gun out of her holster again. "Stay armed... just in case we happen to fall into a trap."

Adela hesitated a bit before taking her gun back out of her holster. She so desperately wanted to see Chris. She'd do anything just to see his dorky face again. However, after being thrown into the ringer so many times in one night, she wasn't sure if this was apart of Umbrella's plans or not.