CLIFFHANGERS.

CLIFFHANGERS
[ steve harrington ]

I AM HOPELESSLY A LOVER
AND A DREAMER AND THAT
WILL BE THE DEATH OF ME.
RUPI KAUR.

━━ NOTHING EVER HAPPENED IN SMALL TOWNS

━━ NOTHING EVER HAPPENED IN SMALL TOWNS. It was a stereotype that people in the real world believed, but Kate Marston lived in fairytales where everything strange happened in small towns. Hawkins, Indiana was home to the Marston family for many generations and the latest was Kate, attending her senior year of high school. She was invisible to most, not bothering to stand out as she kept her nose buried in her books. But, it wasn't long till one boy took notice.

Steve Harrington was someone everyone knew and so did Kate Marston, having been in the same class as him for as long as she could remember. They used to be friends, best friends if anyone asked. But, they drifted apart as they aged and eventually, they began to pretend as if they never knew one another. It hurt Kate at first, but she had grown to ignore his presence over the years. All Kate wanted to do was finish high school and then move far away, wanting to become an author where she could live out her wildest dreams.

She was in the midst of writing a novel, hoping it would be the masterpiece she had conjured up in her mind. It involved all the craziest ideas she could come up with ━━ monsters, super humans, and a different dimension. When she wrote, she was in a whole another world where no one could touch her. Kate was known to live in her head more than in reality. All she ever wanted was an adventure.

But, things in Hawkins were taking a turn for the worse as Will Byers went missing. Nothing bad ever happened in Hawkins. It was a town where children went unsupervised and people stayed out well into the night. But, his disappearance had shaken the town to its core. With the disappearance, stranger things begin to occur in Hawkins. Small towns, secret labs, superpowered humans, and a Russian conspiracy are all things you'd find in a cheesy Sci-Fi novel. She had read stories like that hundreds of times, but she had never expected to live through it. Kate Marston didn't notice it at first, but Hawkins was a town with many secrets. And, they were all slowly coming to light.

And, somehow, Kate Marston and Steve Harrington's paths were realigned again. After years of pretending the other didn't exist, Kate was forced to work with the boy who broke her heart. And, it didn't help that Steve found so much amusement in her annoyance. Despite how much the two pretended to hate one another, they'll need each other to overcome the horrors they'll face in the sleepy town. And, well, a band of middle-school kids are there to help too.

INTRODUCING ━━

KATE MARSTON
portrayed by BILLIE LOURD

KATE MARSTONportrayed by BILLIE LOURD