Recital VII: Interlude

The Sea God watched the Sailors continue their journey. She watched them stop at island to island, never finding the one they searched for. She watched them laugh, and talk and play.

The Moon God watched the Golden King worry; She wanted him cry. She watched the Hero love, and cry. She watched the Deal Breaker. She knew of the coming future, and she pitied him. She also found it amusing; how easily a mortals mind could be broken by death.

The Wind watched with pity. He knew of the dangers his fellow entities could bring. He knew he couldn't interfere. And so he watched. Watched the young one rule a kingdom his mother deserted. Watched the Goldens descendant do the same. The Vanillian King never left his sight; he never left her sight either.

The God of Flames gave no thought. He pay no attention to the torture and manipulation she decided to go through with. There was no relevance for him in this world; so he was unaffiliated and uninvolved.

The forest itself was above all, annoyed. The gods knew not to meddle with mortals; and yet they did. They would face their punishments sooner or later.

The time god was in agony; being torn apart and recreated every second, every minute. She could no longer think, no longer comprehend any feeling, any thought other than the constant pain.

The Gods Actions angered the Snow. She respected fate; and her family dared touch the lives of these mortal beings?
Pathetic. Must they interfere with every moment and movement of these cookies?

Her entire body burned with rage. There he was, the boy she wanted dead. But not yet, not yet, not yet.
"...I know you're there." Custard said. She smiled. Stepping out out of the shadowy trees, she smiled. The blade in her hand glinted in the sunlight.
"You." He hissed. Her smile was bright, almost happy- she was mocking him.
"Now, I really would like to slide this through your throat and leave you here." She stated bluntly. "But I won't. Not yet! I have not yet perfected my...expertise."
He was frozen, anxiety rushing through his body. He shouldn't be here. She shouldn't bed here. Whatever was happening, he couldn't shake the feeling it was too soon, like someone was speeding up time. But that wasn't possible. Not anymore. The only who could do that was dead. Had died months ago.
So what-
And everything unfroze. Everything slowed down; and he was so much agony, so much pain. He couldn't see. He couldn't see and it was her fault. Her heard giggles. He held his hands to his eyes. Blood spilled, covering his palms. He felt the warmth of the sun as he stumbled; he was out of the trees.
He heard a yell; a scream so loud and unruly it hurt his ears. Whoever this was; they screamed his name, loud, high pitched and panicked.
Too fast, too fast, too fast. Everything happened to fast everything always happened too fast too fast too fast-
He blacked out, collapsing into arms he couldn't recognize.