Taken By Me

Third persons POV

"You got to be kidding me." Lisa held her bag strap tight. She had enough of Kai's attempts on hitting with her girlfriend today. Everyone at the university knows that Jennie and Lisa are dating, even Kai knew about that but it didn't seem to faze him at all.

Rosé wants to sympathize but she finds the situation funny. She knows Lisa is too kind and patient to even start a drama, it's a good trait but it doesn't help her in times like this. She could get robbed and won't have the energy to fight back and give all her stuffs without a word.

"Here's your panini, ma'am." Jisoo placed a tray on their table. Rosé clapped her hands at the sight of her food.

Jisoo notice Lisa staring up front and trace where she was looking. "That creep again?" She said.

"She's eyeing them for a good minute now. She's not touching her food." Rosé turned to see where Jennie is.

"You want me to call Jennie?" Jisoo suggested and dialed Jennie's number on her phone.

"No. Let her be." Lisa proceeds to eat, letting out a heavy sigh before taking a bite off her food.

Jennie is a social butterfly, that explains as to why she's on another table and not with her girlfriend during lunch.

She found new friends in her Statistics class, one being Kai, who has a crush on her. This doesn't bother her at all, in fact, she does not take it seriously.

It only became a problem when Kai showed disrespect to her relationship with Lisa. She wanted to say this to Kai but couldn't find a perfect timing.

"Jennie, there's a new café near my place. I just wanted to know if you could uhm.. we could go together?" Kai was hopeful Jennie would come with him but the latter already had plans for later and she don't want Kai to get the wrong idea if she agrees to come with him.

"Uh.. I'm sorry but Lisa and I have plans for tonight. Nayeon could go there with you, though?" She looks at Nayeon with a convincing stare.

"Yeah, sure!" Nayeon responds.

Lisa heard her name so she glances at Jennie's direction and made eye contact with her. Jennie smiled at Lisa and the taller girl smiled back with a small wave.

One thing that Lisa learned during her relationship with Jennie is how to trust each other. She never told Jennie to stop being friends with them, she knows her girlfriend isn't doing anything wrong. Although it hunts her every night, Lisa tries her best to understand.

Dismissal came and the 4 of them, including Jennie, agreed on meeting at the school gym. There will be a basketball tryouts and Lisa plans on joining.

"Did you bring an extra shirt?" Jennie was busy checking the things that Lisa needs for her tryout, the team coach hasn't arrived yet and some students started occupying the benches.

"I packed everything you told me last night, babe." Lisa assures her girlfriend.

"You're all set, then." The couple was lost in their own world while Jisoo and Rosé imitates them in an exaggerated manner.

"Jen, hey!" Yeri spotted Jennie on the benches. Jennie went down after asking Lisa's permission.

The taller girl watched as Jennie approaches her friends.

"You think there's gonna be a slot left for me?" Jisoo scoots closer to Lisa.

"Why don't you just try it now?" Lisa suggests.

"I don't have an extra shirt with me." It's the lamest reason she's ever heard.

"I play basketball better than you." Rosé starts an argument.

"Oh, really now? You still have a lot to learn from me, grandma." Jisoo boasts.

Lisa cracks up on what Jisoo called Rosé.

They were busy bickering when a number of students in front of them squealed. The commotion eventually made sense when they saw Kai handing Jennie a red rose.

Lisa was agape. She was confused at first, she felt a burning sensation inside her chest that she can't name. Rosé notice how Lisa's expression shifted from confusion to rage, it was all too late when she attempted to tell Lisa to calm down.

They watched as Lisa jumps from the third row of the bench to the ground and lands a solid punch on Kai's face. Everyone let out a loud gasp, Kai was on the floor grimacing while Lisa stares at him.

She was about to straddle Kai and punch him again when Jennie begged her to stop. Jisoo and Rosé took Lisa away from Kai that made Lisa realize what she's done.

"Why the heck did you do that?" Rosé can't believe her friend is able to do such a stunt.

"You almost knocked him out." Jisoo sounded amazed more than she was concerned.

Lisa can't believe herself too.

"Are you okay?" Jennie came to Lisa after helping Kai stand up.

"I'm sorry." Lisa apologized. She wasn't sorry that she hit Kai, she was sorry that Jennie had to witness her hitting someone.

"Let me see your hand." Lisa's knuckles were starting to bruise. Jennie stared at her with concern.

"Are you mad?" Lisa asks Jennie.

"I'm not. Even though what you did was wrong, I know you had your reasons." Lisa sighed in relief.

Kai on the other hand left with his friends after regaining his strength to walk. Jennie apologized for what happened, he was quiet so Jennie assumed he was still mad and did not ask him further questions thinking he might get irritated if she did.

The tryouts was canceled because the team coach couldn't make it. Jisoo and Rosé went on their way home while the couple went to Jennie's house to treat Lisa's hand.

They talked about what happened, the taller girl explained to Jennie why she acted that way.

"He crossed the line this time. He's aware that I was there yet he still had the balls to do such thing. I'm not that naive to let him disrespect me and my relationship over and over."

"I'm sorry.." Lisa looked up.

"I should've told him to stop. Knowing that you felt uncomfortable should be enough reason for me to keep distance from him." Jennie blames herself for what happened, she lacked action and hurt Lisa because of that.

"I can't blame you, babe. You are cool with everyone and that's one thing I like about you. Now that you're done with my hand, can we go to the beach now?" Lisa plead.

"But it's already 7 pm, babe." Lisa plead again, she loved the beach so much. Jennie couldn't resist.

"Alright, alright. Get ready, I'll go upstairs to tell mom we're still going." Jennie pinched Lisa's cheeks.

"Alright, I love you."

"I love you too, babe."