Excursion Notice

~Katherine~

School blew. Redoing the same year over and over eventually got slightly boring. The few classes that I could actually stand to be in, I didn't have today. Those classes I just happened to share with Turner. Total coincidence. Next period was History though. The one class I excelled in. I'd lived through all of the time periods we had been studying so I knew all the details. History was also the class I sat next to James Couthlan. Captain of the football team, scholarship holder, officially the hottest guy in school. It was fair to say that half the girls in my class hated me just because my name got picked instead of theirs. I didn't even care. We hadn't really talked much, apart from when we were sharing answers or opinions. Fortunately for me, he didn't have the personality of the stereotypical jerk that usually came with his long list of accomplishments. Thank god for that.

The bell rang and I exited the room and made a beeline to my locker. Swapping my books as fast as I could, I slammed my locker shut only to be given an almost heart attack by Turner, leaning against the locker next to mine.

"God Turner! Stop doing that!" I exclaim, crouching to pick up the books I dropped.

"Sorry," he grinned, "You know, after almost a century with me, you'd think you'd be a little more used to me doing that."

I playfully hit him on the shoulder, "Whatever. I have to get to class. Meet me after school by the gates?"

"Always," he says, before heading in the opposite direction.

As I watch him go, I can't help but notice the girls still at their locker that turn and watch him go by. Some of them turn away and blush, a few giggle, one girl tosses her hair right into his face. I try and see what they see in him. His long, messy, sandy blonde hair that I need to trim soon, his low hanging tight black jeans, random t-shirt and leather jacket give him a devil-may-care look. Ok, so he's kind of good looking but not like some of the other boys here. He's cute and all but there's hott. With the extra 't'. Like James.

I continue to History, wanting to get there before him, or after. I can't decide which entrance I like better. I decide after, that way he can watch me walk in. I go and hide out in the somewhat crowded bathrooms making sure I looked perfect until just before the bell. I walked out then strutted into the classroom.

Yeah, he was watching. And he didn't try to be subtle about it either.

I knew what he was seeing. My tight, shredded skinny jeans showed of my legs pretty well, aided by the high heeled sneakers. My long-sleeved crop top revealed a small amount of my waist, just enough to reveal the small tattoo I'd gotten a few years ago, and my leather jacket made the whole thing seem a little more badass. My dark hair was curled and left down to add a little bit of sass. I took my seat without bothering to look at anyone staring at me.

"Hey," James whispered, after the bell had rung.

"Hi," I whispered back.

"That was quite an entrance back there. I think most of the guys here will be thanking you," he jokes.