See You Smile So Bright

"On three. Ready?"

"One...

"Two...

"Three!"

Ranzo, Bell and Basara blew out the dandelions each of them were holding.

The three all made their wishes as the seeds floated into the bright blue sky, dotted with clouds. The trio were lying in a field of the yellow flowers, some of them already turned into the white ones they just blew out.

"I'm gonna grab more dandelions and have even more wishes!" Ranzo exclaimed, picking a fistful of white dandelions.

Bell and Basara laughed, their blonde friend blowing out five dandelions at once.

"Man, can you believe we made it here?" Basara said after a deep breath, "The battles are all finished, and we're free to do our own thing again."

"Like blowing out dandelions!" Ranzo replied, getting them all to crack up again.

"I'll admit it is pretty cool," Bell agreed.

"And now," Basara nudged Bell's shoulder, "We can focus on throwing this guy a party."

Ranzo sat straight up, "It's your birthday?!"

Bell chuckled, "4 days from now. But you guys don't have to do anything special,"

"Of course we're doing something special! You're our best friend!" Ranzo told him, playfully punching his shoulder.

"Yeah!" Basara swung an arm around the magenta haired blader, "It's going to be awesome!"

Bell pushed off the albino's arm, "Really guys, I don't need you to do something."

"But we want to do something, amigo You deserve a birthday party!" Ranzo said.

"I'm not going to be able to convince you two I don't need a party, am I?"

"Nope!" Ranzo and Basara answered together.

~

"Happy birthday dear Bell, happy birthday to you!"

Bell blew out the twelve candles piled on top of his vanilla birthday cake. A couple dozen bladers surrounded him at the dining table, some he knew and others who'd introduced themselves. Ranzo and Basara threw him one awesome party that was for sure.

"Bell! You've got a lover you didn't tell us about?" Hanna teased, one candle still lit.

Bell blew it out with another blow, rosy red blush flowing on his cheeks, "Shut up, Hanna."

"Alright! Time to cut the cake!" Ranzo exclaimed, knife in hand.

"Who trusted this guy with a knife?!" Asked Ranzo's cousin, Ranjiro, whose hair could be mistaken for a broom.

Ranzo pointed the sharp device at him, "I'll have you know, cuz, I'm perfectly capable,"

Basara lowered the knife, "Ranzo, can we try not to threaten your cousins with a knife?"