chapter 4 Ad..ri..ti not aditi

As soon as the song gets finished many rounds of applause can be heard. Adriti gave a bow to the so-called audience as she did her best.

Soon after the next performance started, Adriti was now relaxing beside her dad, Ashutosh Chawla, working in an MNC in Chandigarh.

   "   Tapu ( her pet name ) I think we should leave for home now .its already late "

"Hmmm but I want to stay here. Dad, why don't you leave for home I will be returning  after some time"

  Before Ashutosh could react, another peppy song started and Adriti rushed to the floor to dance with her friends from the neighbourhood. ashutosh just  chuckle at her childishness and left for his home which was just a bungalow away, he knew that his daughter is safe and no one dares to mess with his daughter as her nonsense blabbering is enough to make other's ears bleed  

Adriti kept doing her worst performance in the deception that she is a perfect dancer, while others were trying to save their feet from her heels. After an hour someone grabbed Adriti's wrist and pulled her down from the stage. Adriti just pouted as she knew who it would be? It was her aunt Aarti Singh , the only one who always tried to give some brain to Adriti  but all was in vain till now.

"Aunty please"

" Shut Up tapu, we are leaving right now, you know what time it is? It's one at night."

"Aditi" some girl shouted her name, oops !wrong name from behind 

"You forget your purse aditi "the girl explained while catching her breath 

      Aarti smacked on her head  has tapu will not tolerate her wrong name, 

   "Thank you for this, what did you say, listen dear ,it's ad…ri…ti… not aditi. And never mess with my name as it's very precious to me… good night." Adriti stated in a strict time and started going towards her home 

 The girl who was also a guest for malhotra's just look at adriti in surprise , whereas aarti tried to handle the situation " thank you, actually her name was kept by her late mother so she is emotionally attached to It..i hope you understand her reaction "

The girl just nodded in response and returned.

Aarti followed sulking adriti to her house and then ordered her to change and sleep , adriti left for her room while stomping her heels on the floor , in showing her anger.
Aarti took a sign of relief, soon a door banging sound echoed in the hall , arti just shook her head and left for her room 

Aarti became a widow after 5 years of her marriage , at the same time adriti was born to her brother and after 6 months her sister in law died due to typhoid ,leaving six month old adriti  Ashutosh was completely shattered by his wife's unexpected demise ,that time aarti shifted to her brother',a place to take care of adriti .Adriti was like her daughter and she also respected her aunt a lot. Aarti's only son, adarsh  is working as a it professional in California. , he was also very close to her uncle and Adriti too.
Adarsh wanted to shift her mother with him and arti decided to shift only after adriti's marriage .Once or twice aarti visited his son but along  with Adriti, she knew her brother is a busy man.

 The next morning, Ashutosh was settled for breakfast as he was in a hurry   to reach his office, Adriti was having her breakfast with an irritated face , and Aarti was busy ordering work to the house helper.

       "What happened to you tapu? Are you ok? I mean why are you so quiet.?"ashutosh didn't hold himself from questioning.

   Before Adriti could answer, Aarti beat her, " nothing bhai, I didn't let her enjoy the party last night… buy trust me if we didn't drag her na then she must have returned after the first night of the couple "