the beach ◞*⋆ a jake sim oneshot

summer. the first day of summer. it made you happy- no, joyous in fact. you liked nothing more then basking in the sun for as long as you could, and what made this even better was you got to go to the beach. but no, the fun didn't stop there. the best part was that your best friend, of 12 years, was coming to the beach with you. why was this such an amazing thing you might ask? well, he wasn't just a friend- that is, to you of course. to be honest you never expected him to like you back, the idea of him returning the admiration you had for him felt unreachable- unreal in a way.

jake never expressed his feelings towards you past friendship, nor you to him. you really didn't think that he would ever like you. he had this ideal type, opposite of what you were like, so your hopes were never high. he was also just to perfect. even to just be your friend it felt fake. but you had grown up with him around you your whole life and were both very close, something you never wanted to take for granted.

you were now both 19, and this summer you would be going to different colleges, as you just graduated. it killed you that you wouldn't be together as often, but you knew he would always find a way to see you. he was great about finding time to hang out.

today, the two of you were headed to the beach. you planned to pick him up, so you threw on your cute light blue bikini, and put on a loose fitting t-shirt and shorts over it. you hopped in your car and stopped after a couple minutes of driving, right in front of jakes house. you honked thrice, something you usually did as a code to let him know you were ready to pick him up.

the door swung open, as a wide smiling, beautiful brown eyed boy appeared, waving eagerly in your direction. he had a large beach bag in hand and sunglasses already sitting a top his fluffy brown locks. gosh, he was almost to perfect to be real. he threw his belongings in the back and plopped in the passenger seat. he leaned over to where you sat, hugging you unexpectedly. you giggled at the awkwardness of the hug and he did to. "i'm sooo ready y/n! i've been waiting forever for this day," he said, a sort of sparkle in his eyes. "oh really? let's get going then," you said grinning.

◞*⋆

the hour ride there consisted of laughter, jokes, and LOTS of karaoke, curtesy of jake. you loved your car-singing-sessions with him, and the best part was enjoying his angelic voice- there was nothing this boy was incapable of being great at. you could've sworn he was throwing a little to many glances your way- that is, more then usual. something felt different today, and you weren't sure why.

before you both knew it, you'd arrived. both of you grabbed all the belongings you needed and headed to your favorite spot, somewhere no one else knew to go. it was like a mini private island for only the two of you, never being occupied. sadly it had been almost three years since your last beach visit due to family situations on both ends. but you two were now young adults, being filled with deja-vu from the past experiences you had together on this little beach.

once you and jake had officially camped out and put the umbrella and towel up, the air started to feel a little heavy. you both, at the same time, remebered it had been years sense you last saw eachother in this kind of environment. you were hesitant to take your cover ups off, but you knew that he would never initiate and take it off first, so you threw your nerves to the wind and took it off.

jake, completely set back for no reason, started blushing. you saw and chuckled to yourself at his dumbfounded expression. he always thought you were pretty, but something about you in the specific outfit and matured, the wind blowing your hair slightly, made him get all nervous and giddy. "jake? earth to jakeee-" you say, causing him to snap out of it. he scratch behind his neck in embarrassment and looked away from you, a tint of red still painted on his face. "whatever," you huff and ran towards the water splashing around as you were enveloped in the waves.