Chapter 4: What's Lost (I Found)

"...I was lost within the darkness, but then I found her

I found you

Georgia, pulled me in,

I asked to

Love her once again

You fell,

I caught you

I'll never let you go again like I did..."

// Until I Found You //

// Stephen Sanchez //

// Grant //

"Boss, we've got her location!"

My attention snaps up to Tanner, a new recruit and child prodigy with anything tech related, racing towards me with his kevlar vest zipped up halfway and his boots in his hand.

Markham steps up to grab the kid's device and shoos him away to finish getting ready for his first op under my command. My best friend hands it over and explains how to use the tracker.

"Markham, have everyone ready. We leave in five minutes. Anyone not ready gets left behind."

Markham nods and goes to carry out my orders while I go and inform Coulson's team. Yay. In exactly five minutes everyone is ready to go.

"Everyone knows their jobs. Fan out, find my scientist, radio in if there are complications, rendezvous back at the doorway. Once you have her, you get your asses back through the doorway, understood? Do not wait, she is Priority Alpha."

I notice the uncomfortable looks from Coulson's team when I publicly claim Jemma as mine. I mentally roll my eyes, they can fucking deal. If they didn't want me to claim her, they should've taken better care of her. I motion for my team to go first; team Alpha. Containing me, my best friend and second in command, Markham, my expert marksman and the only woman in my team, Aldridge, tech genius and new recruit, Tanner and my muscle, Alexi. Hang on Jemma I'm coming. About three hours later, still trekking through a sandy deserted wasteland, I'm starting to lose my cool. My heart is racing and my worries start to creep in. It's an effort to not panic. She could be anywhere. She could be dead. I swallow a lump in my throat. No. I refuse to believe that. I press on harder and scream her name. Fuck stealth. I just wanna find my girl and never let her so much as breathe the same air as anything alien ever again.

"Boss, I think I found her."

Markham hands me his specialty high tech binoculars and about two hundred feet away I can make out a female body face down on the ground. I hand his binoculars back to him and sprint towards her screaming her name again and again like a maniac.