eight

"Oh my god, have you heard about the art contest that Jisung is hosting?" Felix asked Minho who was drinking coffee from a mug.

"Yeah. He's pretty unbelievable if you ask me," he chuckled and took another sip of his coffee. "I admire his determination though."

"Mhm, he's so eager to find the artist," Felix added and briefly glanced at Minho. "Uhh, will you join the contest?" he inquired as he paced back and forth in the empty art room.

Minho, who was leaning against a desk, warily watched his friend in confusion. "Why would I? You know that I'm not good at arts."

"Uh huh," Felix hummed in dry amusement. "I've seen your drawings before. They're realistic and decent. So what's hindering you from showcasing your talent to the whole school?"

"Oh please, Felix. Not this again," Minho sighed. "You already know about what I've been through in the past after I joined a certain art contest. I don't want to embarrass myself once more."

Felix wanted to smack Minho for his low self-esteem. "You've improved a lot over the years though!" he sputtered. "And why are you so scared of criticism? It's literally what helps you do better."

Minho dragged his hands across his face pitifully. "I guess you're right. But still, I won't be joining that art contest," he crossed his arms. "It would just be a waste of my precious time."

"Oh," Felix smirked playfully and looked at Minho dead in the eye. "So you don't want to win a date with Jisung?"

•●━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━●•

Jisung found himself craving for coffee after sitting at the sign up table for an hour straight—making sure that the students who wanted to participate in the art contest had filled in the entire form.

So, at lunch time, he decided to pay a visit to the nearby café. He wasn't planning to take long though since he still had to attend a class after.

He tapped his feet impatiently and his eyes fitted over the menu restlessly as he waited for the waiter to bring him his order.

"Here's your iced coffee," the waiter finally arrived, placing the cup on the table. Jisung grabbed a hold of his drink and gave the waiter a nod.

He stood up from his seat and opened the café door to leave, only to be accidentally bumped by someone. It happened so fast. Dark brown soaked his perfectly white school uniform.

"You should've watched where you were going!" he yelled as his annoyance bubbled into anger. His eyes raced up the figure in front of him, where his glare was finally met by widened brown eyes.

"Shit, I'm so sorry," Minho bowed down apologetically and rummaged inside his pockets in search for tissues or something else helpful. All he found were crumpled papers though. Oops. Nothing else.

"It's fine," Jisung huffed as he registered the absolute tragedy that had befallen his shirt. "I'll just go get a change of clothes," he added before he walked past Minho to head back to school.

"Wait!" Minho called out to him, and the latter whipped his head around. "I want... I want to sign up for the art contest you're hosting."

To be continued...