Red painted city

Hello together,

just a short note: This is the first time for me to poste something in english. English is not my native language, so I can not guarantee, that this is free of grammar or spelling mistakes.

It is a short thing that was stuck in my head for some time, so I finally wrote it. I wasn't able to find this kind of story in particular,  but wanted to read something like it, so I wrote it.

Maybe I should mention, that I wasn't able to watch Daredevil or the Defenders yet, as it was taken from Netflix and is not yet available in my country on Disney +.

So please excuse any mistakes on that matter I probably made.

Nonetheless, I would like to hear your thoughts on this.

But now I hope you enjoy my little Story:

(ok, I lied: It was more than a "short note")

***********************************************************************************************

Peter is twelve years old, when he loses everything. The life he knows, his aunt, his uncle and his sight. A banging sound, a hot pain and everything goes dead and dark.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

That is all that it takes to destroy a young boys life.

Bang. Bang. Bang.

He is twelve years old and the town is painted red.

He is twelve when everything he knew was lost and he knows so much more than he ever should have known.

He knows how it sounds when someone dies, he knows how it sounds when a bullet hits a body and he hears the damage done by it.

He hears a couple fighting two blocks over.

He hears the dog that gets feed in the apartment across the street.

He hears the husband who hits his wife and he hears the growling voice of a desperate mugger.

He can hear everything and smell everything and feel so much more.

He smells the sweet sweat on his new roommate at the little orphanage he lives now.

He smells the greasy food made in the kitchen and he can taste it, he can taste the old incredents used to make it. Every single one of them.

And at night he feels the scratchy old sheets on his skin. Itching and hurting, so he lies awake, alone in the dark. A darkness that will never revolve, a darkness he has to learn to live with.

And it is hart but somehow he learns to cope, he learns to ignore everything, or rather he tells so himself. He survives all alone; no one wants to have to do anything with that strange blind kid without friends. So he lives without a life without a purpose.

The only thing he has are his audiobooks. He listens to everything he gets his hands on. They distract him from the pain, from the sounds, the smells and they let him, just for a moment, forget the shitshow that is his life now.

He is thirteen when this starts to really matter, when there is suddenly someone in his room, someone who says he will help him. It is great, there is someone who understands him, who teaches him to use his senses.