✧35✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

"Aren't you worried about the reactions of the other members?"

Hyuck shrugged in response, "A few have their suspicions. I think all the Dreamies guess something at this point, especially Chenle and Jisung. They may be the youngest, but trust me when I say they know the most out of anyone."

I giggled at that because I could only imagine how true that was.

All the doors running along the hallway remained firmly shut, even though I half expected them to be flung open by curious members, overhearing our conversation.

And thankfully, they did remain closed... until they didn't. It happened almost in slow motion, the one room number I was dreading swung open and we came unavoidably face to face with Mark Lee.

(A/N: I'm so sorry I cannot help myself with the drama. No scene can go perfectly you know, gotta have a little bit of Mr Sparklee in it)

The exact moment it clicked in his mind was crystal clear, and before he could open his mouth, I had activated the most sympathy-gaining, puppy-eyes-esque look I could possibly attack him with in an attempt to shut up whatever he had been about to say.

Mark's shoulders dropped from the tense position they had been in previously and ordinary words flowed out of his mouth, "Hi Hyuck, Ji." He greeted us in a suspiciously casual tone, nodding at each of us.

"What?" He added, seeing our confusion, "I made you a promise, Ji, I'm not going to break it. Though I'm still hung up on yesterday evening. I can't believe you did it right in front of me, and trust me, this stale rice cake knew I was there."

I hit Hyuck in annoyance, "You what?" He wasn't an exhibitionist my ass.

The person in question only laughed, a slight cheeky undertone to it.

"Where are you heading?" Mark continued on.

"We're going to back to my room, and ordering some food or something."

"Alone?" Mark's eyes narrowed, glancing at the two of us and the small amount of space between us.

I protested, "I-"

"Relax, I'm kidding." Mark giggled, instantly relaxing his whole demeanour. "I'll catch you later. I'm heading out now. If you checked your phone instead of doing god knows what, you'd know that Hajun wants to see you tomorrow."

"Right." I remembered Hajun's earlier words. "Cheers, Markie."

And then he walked past us with a goodbye and nothing else.

"Did that really just happen?" Hyuck whispered to me, echoing my thoughts.

I looked back at Mark's now gone figure, "I mean, I think so. God that was so weird. Like he didn't say anything. Do you think he's been possessed?" I whispered back, trying to hide the giggles threatening to erupt from me.

"Maybe we're so hungry that we've started to hallucinate."

"That's probably it." I agreed, deciding it was the most plausible solution, seeing him bite his lip to hold back his smile as well.

I met eyes with him, and we both burst into laughter at the same time, unable to retain the fake sobriety from a few seconds ago.

"That's it. We've both lost it." I spluttered between giggles.