✧ 44 ✧

*.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*

Jiyoung

"Where are you now?" I asked Leo through the phone, glancing around to see if he was in sight.

"I'm coming, I promise. I just had to finish something off." He explained, rustling some papers on the other side of the line.

"I'll wait for you in the lobby." I replied, ending the call, ince I'd received confirmation from him. I turned towards the desk since I assumed he would be coming from that direction, and rummaged in my bag for some lip balm while I was waiting.

After a minute, he appeared from the door behind the reception desk, pulling his left arm into his sweatshirt sleeve and straightening it out at the hem. He fixed his collar and cast a sweeping look over the room. We met eyes, and his brightened.

"Let's go." He exclaimed, jogging towards me and greeting me with a hug. He set off through the main entrance of the Stella, nodding at the man stationed at the door.

Instead of turning right out of the hotel like I usually would to head towards the city, he led me to the left, following a similar route to the one me and Hyuck took to find the store.

He led me through a part of Barcelona I hadn't been through since I last visited his house. It was a bit of a trek but after thirty minutes we made it to a neighbourhood of brightly coloured houses. He pushed open a gate and walked up to the house.

"We've arrived." He announced to me, unlocking the door.

"I'm so glad you haven't just taken me to a random house." I teased, following him through the honeysuckle lined threshold. We were already in the hallway, so I'd be a bit concerned if this was someone else's house.

I copied him as he took his shoes off and followed him into the kitchen, where Evita was stirring something that smelt insanely good.

She spoke to him in Spanish, her words filled with that warm motherly tone before she turned to me with a more focused and halting tone.

With outstretched arms, she drew me into a hug. "It's so lovely to see you again. How have you been? How is your uncle treating you?" She fretted, pulling away to hear my response.

"I've been good, and the work's been fun, I'm sure Leo told you about the singers that were staying. They've kept my hands full." I laughed.

"That's good to hear." She smiled.

Leo took the opportunity to interject, "Jiyoung's got a boyfriend now as well."

Evita's face lit up with the same sparkle as her son's. I glanced over at Leo in gentle annoyance. He only grinned in response.

"Yeah. He's one of the singers."

She nodded, unsurprised - to my surprise, "Of course. When you didn't want my Leo, I knew there was someone better out there."

"I-" I choked on the saliva in my mouth.

Leo groaned. "Ma! We've been over this."

"No but I--"

"Okay, goodbye. We'll be leaving now." He said, striding past me and pulling me along with him.

"But I want to hear about Jiyoung's boyfriend."

"Another time, Ma." 

I mouthed an apology as we turned away.

In the corridor, Leo sighed. "I'm sorry, she's only joking but I know it's uncomfortable."