13; Superwoman Aisha.

Did someone say Friday Update?

HER EYES flickered open, lips parting slightly in the process. She then blew out a small breath, extending her sore hand to touch her forehead, massaging her temples in the process. Her eyes then closed again, blinking repeatedly—albeit slowly, to get accustomed to being awake at that moment. Luckily, the blinds weren't drawn open, and neither were the lights turned on.

However, from the small opening between the blinds, she could tell the sun was up.

How long have I been asleep for? She wondered, before letting out a soft groan as she pushed herself to a sitting position.

For a couple of seconds, she made no move to get off the bed and instead, pulled her feet to her chest, fingers buried in her stubborn locks as she rested her elbow on the raised knees. Her head was downcast, as she tried to remember bits of the dream she just had.

This is what she hates about dreams. Everything looks and feels so real when you're living it. However, a few minutes after regaining your consciousness, you barely remember much.

She didn't want to remember it all. All she wanted to remember, was the face she saw and the name.

It seemed so close to her memory yet so far away.

A memory. That's what it seems like. And yet, she couldn't help but wonder if it really was just a dream or a memory of hers.

She hadn't had a dream like that before. And now suddenly, she's having it. She could swear after waking up that she had lived through that very dream she had—maybe not accurately, but in a way or another.

It was all so confusing.

But if it really is a memory, then it must have had something to do with what happened the day before. The thought had her releasing her poor strands from the torture her fingers inflicted, dropping her arms limp on her knees as she rose her head up. Her gaze remained fixated on the wall she's facing, albeit her mind seemed far from there.

Considering it's been a while since she regained consciousness, the room isn't as dark as it was to her when she woke up. She could see things around the room, due to the brightness that still managed to make its way into the room despite the dark blinds.

Aisha sighed, choosing to not dwell in her thoughts again as she pushed herself off the bed and sauntered to the bathroom. Her head throbbed, and her whole body felt exhausted. She knew there's no one to blame but herself.

Despite being aware she clearly needed rest after what happened the day before—the roses, the card, dropping by the VIP suite and taking Jannah's shift since the woman didn't show up---she still took another shift.

Well, technically, she didn't take the shift. She simply exchanged it with another resident whom had urgent matters to attend to. The resident had a night shift, but something came up so she asked if Aisha could cover for her. She spent the night on her behalf and the woman will take her shift that day.

So basically, she had Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off.

After doing her business, she stepped out of the bathroom just in time the door opened, and then, in stepped her mother. She stopped in her tracks, seeing the salver that Hajiya Asiya held. She hadn't noticed that Aisha was watching her from where she stood, till she reached the bed and realized the girl isn't on it.

Her brows furrowed, as she dropped the salver on the bedside cabinet, and then turned around. She visibly let out a sigh of relief when she saw Aisha. "Alhamdullilah," She muttered. "I thought you went back to work"