Chapter 1

I was inside the rolled ice cream shop I work in called Fantasy Scoop talking to my coworker Blake, when my best friend Addysen walked in.

"I'm back bitches!" - she sang as she walked in.

She had just came back from being grounded in her house for 1 week because she got black-out drunk at a party. It's the summer between our Sophomore and Junior year of high school, so understandably she's gonna get drunk like any other 16 year old. It's just that her parents are very strict on EVERYTHING she does. It's gotten to the point where they basically stalk her. It's actually kinda creepy. Anyways, she's my best friend. She has long brown hair with caramel highlights, hazel eyes, and like a 24 pack of abs. She's one of the prettiest girls I know, so I have no clue how she doesn't have a boyfriend yet.

"Heyyyy!! I see you finally got out of jail." - I said sarcastically talking about her house with her strict parents

"Yeah. It was a living hell being trapped in there with my parents for A WHOLE WEEK!!" - she basically screamed the last part.

After she screamed that her eyes locked with Blake's. They've known each other for a while since I'm always with both of them, but I always noticed they had a special connection. Every time I mentioned it to one of them they immediately shut me up. I'm still convinced they like each other though.

Just as I was about to say something, I heard the bell above the door ring meaning someone had walked in. I looked up and guess who I saw... the one person I hated most on this Earth. Hunter Brookes and some of his baseball team friends. Hunter Brookes is my worst enemy. Ive hated him ever since the first day of kindergarten.

Flashback

"LAYLA!!! IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY OF KINDERGARTEN," I heard my parents yell as I came down the stares to the front of my house. I walked out to catch the bus after eating breakfast and taking pictures with my mommy and daddy. Since it's my first day of school I was kinda scared to get on the bus. All of my friends lived in different neighborhoods, so I didn't know who to sit by. I walked on the bus and sat in the first seat I saw. A couple minutes after I sat down, a boy asked me if he could sit here.

"Hi. Do you mind if I sit here?" he said. I shook my head and he sat down.

"My name is Hunter. What's yours?" he asked politely.

"I'm Layla." I said with a smile.

We talked for the rest of the ride until we got to school and realized that we had all of the same classes. We were getting along pretty well, and then it was time for recess. I saw my two best friends, Addysen and Blaire. I ran up to them and hugged them. A couple minutes later we were playing on the monkey bars when I saw Hunter walk up to me. Out of no where he pushed me and I fell on my face. It hurt really bad and I started crying. That made me hate him. He had no reason to do that.

"HEY WHAT THE HECK! WHAT WAS THAT FOR!!??" I screamed at him as I pushed his chest.

"For fun." he said meanly. And that ls what really made me hate him.

End of flashback

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Blake say, "Well Layla, it's your turn to take their orders. I took the last ones."

I sigh and slowly walked over to their table. When I got their I saw Hunter. I'm not gonna lie, if he didn't make me hate him, I would probably be in love wth him. He was tall (6'3 to be exact), he had fluffy brown hair, and gorgeous blue eyes that I could get lost in forever. He was really cute, but I could never let him know that. I would never hear the end of it if he knew that's what I thought of him. Which is why no one will ever know what I think about him. Not even my Addysen and Blaire.

Anyways, I took their orders (very rudely might I add) and as I was about to walk away to fix them Hunter grabbed my arm. I looked back and snatched it out of his grip. He got up and dragged me to the corner of the store.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" I whisper shouted at him, not wanting my manager to hear.

"You shouldn't cuss at customers you know? I might have to get you fired for that" he said with a smirk as he started walking to the manager.

"No, no, no, no, please don't. I need this job" I begged.

"Well maybe you should be nicer to your customers." he said.

"What do you even want?" I said as I rolled my eyes at him.

He looked me up and down and stared at me for what felt like 3 hours, but in reality it was no more than 30 seconds. He didn't say anything, but he just bent down and kissed my neck. I immediately pulled him away and said "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HUNTER." He just smirked and walked back to his table like nothing happened. I just stood there in shock trying to process what the hell just happened, but eventually I just rolled my eyes and walked back to the counter to fix their orders.

I walked back to their table and handed them their orders and just narrowed my eyes at Hunter when I saw him smirking. I rolled my eyes, once again, and walked back to the counter. When I got there Blake told me that the manager said I could leave early, so I put up my apron and dragged Addysen out of the door.

———————————————————————————

Hey y'all!! That was part one of my first story ever!!! I know it's really bad, but I don't really know what I'm doing, so please feel free to leave any suggestions in the comments and let me know how I should continue this story. Also pls drop any tips that you have!! Thank you so much!!!

Also I don't know when I will make part 2 so pls be patient!!! Thanks again. Love you!!