Prologue

THIS STORY IS PUBLISHED. THIS IS ONLY A PREVIEW!

I remember everything.

I remember being at the beach, chasing Jasper in the water, being so happy in that moment that nothing else mattered, playing football, driving back home and laughing with Jake, my one and only brother, my best friend who was always there for me.

The one boy in my life who would never ever let me down, had never let me down. Ever.

I also watched my brother die that day.

The whole accident plays in my mind like a movie on repeat. The last words my brother said to me. The look in his eyes as he clung onto me. The way he held me while the car rolled of a total of eight times or so I was told. The way my brother saved my life.

He died protecting me from what was meant to be my death not his.

I remember Jasper pulling me from the car that burst into flames no more than ten seconds after I got out of it. Truth be told I wished I was in there when that happened, because I didn't see the point in living any more, not when my whole world had came crashing down.

I remember Jasper holding me, trying to calm me down while Tom was in a state of shock sitting on the road with his hands in his head not saying a word or moving.

I remember freeing out his has grasp struggling to walk towards my brother who was covered in blood as he lay on the middle of the road, not moving or breathing.

Collapsing next to him, I fell down on the road screaming, begging him to open his eyes, pleading with him as I held his lifeless body, no matter how much it hurt me to move my arm I didn't care, all I needed was for Jake to wake up and say it was going to be ok.

But he didn't, the ambulance arrived sirens blaring, police sealing off the roads, the fire truck hosing down Jake's car.

The worst feeling in the world was when I was being pulled away from my brother, watching as they put him into a body bag and taken in the back of the ambulance.

Jasper held me as I was taken in an ambulance, his body protecting mine as I wouldn't let anyone touch me, I didn't want to be alone or get in another moving vehicle ever again.

I cried into his chest holding tightly with my life as he held me back, his own tears running down my face mixing with mine as we held each other.

I woke up alone in a hospital gown and bed, I was told I became unconscious and collapsed in Jasper's arms from the blood loss where I had a deep cut above my eye which needed 18 stitches apparently it was caused by my head smashing against the windshield when Jake went through it.

Dad was the first person I had seen since waking up. Jasper was no where to be seen but I figured he was helping Tom. Tom was an absolute mess.

I broke down when dad laid on the bed pulling me into his chest, crying with me, telling me how he loved me so much, saying how glad he was that I was ok, that I was still here.

Mum was no where to be seen, no surprises there.

Jasper and Tom walked in, tears running down both their cheeks, they looked like hell as dad stood up pulling them both into a bone crushing hug. My eyes stuck to Jaspers the whole time, those dark brown loving eyes that were glued to mine as well.

I had known them boys my entire life and now I guess I wouldn't blame them for walking away from me. Who wants to be around someone when I look just like my brother. Their best friend.

Tom had pulled away from dad, heading towards me as he came and held me crying into my neck as I broke down again. I thought the tears would run out but they kept coming.