chapter 1

Quick authors note: some parts have different POV's

Scarlett

"Our world had always known 'creatures'. These creatures have often been called the 'Magi', stemming from the word magical. We have feared them, and through that fear, killed them. The D.A.M.N.E.D. sector, otherwise known as the Defense Against Magical Nefarious Evil Doers, was made to rehabilitate, contain, or destroy the Magi.

"The classes of Magi from least to greatest include Pixie and Sprites, Kelpies and Nixies, or, as some people like to call them, the Merpeople or Sirens. Gremlin types, we won't discuss those yet. Then there are the Monster types, but we won't discuss those yet either. They include the Incubi and Succubi, Dragi and Draki, Elves, Witches and Warlocks, Centaurs, the 'Weres' or Anima, Shades, Wraiths, the Daemons, and the Seraphs. The highest of them all are the Oracles. The Hybrids are the half-human, half-magi. The Medley are a combination of two or more magi, magi who have different magi blood throughout generations.

"There are two types of magi; the Lux and Lues magi. The Lux are the types that are on our side. They assist the magi, half-breeds, and hybrids. Usually, they help them learn to use their powers and protect others from getting hurt by them. The Lues magi strive to control magi powers and use them to harm humans and the Lux magi..." I stopped listening as our teacher, Mr. Lumo started to talk more about the history of magi.

This was something everyone in the world learned everyday. It was getting quite repetitive. My school located in the capital of Senila, Jardias, was forced to learn this every year. My school, Jadias High, was one of the only for Medley, Hybrids, and Magi combined. They had special teachers for when we came into our powers.

I still haven't come into mine, and no one exactly knows what they are. My father was a Medley throughout all his generations and my mom has a Medley line through her mothers side, but is a Hybrid herself (so I'm a Medley). My mother's line is very mixed up, and I don't know what's in my father's line, because he left when I was very little and I know little to nothing about him.

"Ms. Flann!" Mr. Lumo snapped.

"What?" I asked.

"The answer! What is it?" He shot me a stern look.

"Uhmm... what was the question again?" I heard a snicker behind me and turned to glare at the person, Porcius Leon, the biggest imbecile in our school.

"The question was; What is the highest class that can have offspring with humans?"

I was surprised I actually knew this. Kudos for having a mom that was the CEO and founder of D.A.M.N.E.D. It came in handy, that she knew all this stuff and told me them, sometimes. "Uhmm... wasn't it the Seraphs?"

Mr. Lumo nodded. "Correct. The faction higher than them, Oracles, can't have offspring because...?" He moved off to torture Taisha Marien, who was texting someone under her desk. Probably Lamya Walsinn, her girlfriend. "It's against their code of honor or something right?" I heard a loud 'POP' as her bubblegum bubble popped. "Correct, and Ms. Marien, please go throw out your gum!" She went to throw out her gum, and I stopped listening again.