Flashback...

Author's note, November 12th, 2017: Hello everyone! Long time no see~ I posted this in my about already, but for anyone who didn't see who's new or returning, I'm also posting it in all of my works! I have opened a new account on Quotev where I'll post my writing since I think it's improved a lot over the past, like, year (basically since the last time I posted a story online). If you'd like to check it out, the link is https://www.quotev.com/sunmii. I'll likely start taking requests there once I get a bigger following and establish myself better :) Thank you all for your immense love <3 See you soon!

-

(Reader's POV)

Tears streamed down both mine and Jungkook's cheeks. He held my hand tightly as he dragged his suitcase and duffle bag behind him. I moved slightly closer to him so that our shoulders were nearly touching.

He stopped in front of his flight gate. An announcer's voice came over the loud speakers in the airport. "FLIGHT 14 TO CALIFORNIA WILL BE LEAVING IN 10 MINUTES! ALL PASSENGERS MAY BOARD!"

We both turned to each other and paused. Then threw ourselves at each other in a tight hug. "Why do you have to go, Jungkookie?"

He sniffled. "I'll be back soon. Don't worry. Wait for me, okay?" He looked you in the eyes sadly. "I will never ever feel the same way about anyone else the way I feel for you. Remember that for as long as I'm away?" I nodded and caressed his cheek lovingly. He closed his eyes and let out a shaky sigh.

"I'll wait as long as I have to for you. Just promise you'll come back and find me...please, Jungkookie...promise me..." I buried my face in his chest and cried. His heart was beating so fast. He put a hand on the back of my head and stroked my hair gently.

"I promise...(y/n)-ah...I promise you that I will come back and find you no matter what..." He kissed the top of my head and I could feel his lips trembling.

"It's going to be okay..." I looked up at him and smiled weakly. "It's going to be okay. I slowly stood on my tiptoes and pecked his cheek. When I pulled away, his eyes were wide and his face was red. He put his hand up to where I'd kissed him.

"Y-you...you've never...done that before..." he said quietly. I blushed and nodded.

"Since you're leaving...I'll just go ahead...I've wanted to do this for so long, Jungkookie..." I leaned up again, but this time instead of kissing his cheek, I kissed him full on the lips. He froze. I gently took his arms and place them around my waist. I knew he was just as in love with me as I was with him. He didn't need to say that for me to see it.

After a moment, he responded to my kiss. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. With one hand, I stroked his soft hair. I would miss those times Jungkook and I would hang out together and I would braid his hair. I would miss everything about him...about us.

"FLIGHT 14 TO CALIFORNIA WILL BE LEAVING IN 5 MINUTES! ALL PASSENGERS PLEASE BOARD!"

We both looked back at the hall leading to the airplane.

"This is cliche..." I whispered, chuckling a little. He smiled and nodded.

"I'm going to miss you, (y/n)-ah. Don't forget me while I'm gone."

"Never. I'll never forget you, Jungkookie. And don't you forget me either!" He nodded and gave me one last kiss on my forehead. Then he picked up his suitcase and duffle bag and turned to go. I covered my mouth as more and more tears came.

Before he turned the corner to go to the plane, he looked back and waved a little. I waved back slowly...

And then he was gone...